Dates

Monday 5:45
Jughead's POV

"Okay, so you have. About fifteen minutes. Now, she may already be there or she may be late. Either way, it's suspicious." Charles said. I nodded. He reached over and grabbed something that I immediately recognized as a wire.

"Is that a wire?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Yes, like always, we're using this to hear what is going on and what she is saying." He said. I shook my head.

"No." I looked over at Betty, who looked just as confused as Charles. "She's too smart for that. I promise she'll know. I tell you guys everything already. Plus, nothing suspicious has happened yet." He sighed and put down.

"You seem like you know what you're saying so I guess we won't do it this time." He said. I nodded.

"I'm gonna go. I have to go pick her up." I said. He nodded and left. I got there as soon as I could. It was almost six. I quickly went up to her apartment and knocked. I waited a minute or two when she opened the door. Oh, my God. Like always, she was wearing black, but I couldn't help but look her up and down.

"Jones, my eyes are up here!" She said. I quickly snapped out of it and looked at her.

"I'm sorry, I just--" I stopped. She smiled at me. "Black seems to be your signature color," I said, a little embarrassed.

"It is, and a suit seems to be yours. Let's go." She said, shutting the door. I followed her out of the building. She looked at me. "Give me the keys."

"What?" I asked her. She had a small smirk on her face.

"Keys!" She said. I sighed and gave them to her. She walked around to the driver's side and just stood there. I looked at her, confused. "I thought you were a gentleman."

"Oh," I muttered and walked around and opened the door for her. She smiled at me and got in. I shut the door, and walked back to the passenger side, and got in. I looked at her. "Where are we going?" I asked. She smiled at me. Oh, God that smile!

"You'll see," she said. I sighed and she started driving. I paid attention to where we were turning and what streets we were on. I was just trying to figure out where we are going. "Oh, calm down. I'm not going to kill you." I looked at her

"I'm just trying to figure out where we're going," I said. She smiled at me.

"Let's just call it a... date." She said, drawing out the "a" a little. I just looked at her.

Once we stopped, we were at a very expensive restaurant. I looked at her. She smiled.

"Don't worry. I'll get it. This time." She said as we were to a table for two. I pulled her chair out for her. Especially after what happened with the car. She smiled a little and I went to sit down. I looked at her.

"What did you mean by "date" earlier?" I asked her. She smiled and laughed a little.

"Maybe we could get to know each other more. Just so I know if I can actually trust you." She said. I looked down.

"Trust me for what?" I asked her. She just smiled.

"That's a conversation for another day." She said. I sighed a looked down.

7:23 PM

I drove her back to her apartment again. She smiled at me the whole time. I just kept looking at her every once in a while. I smiled back a little each time. We got to the building and she looked at me.

"Mind walking me up?" She asked. I shook my head. She just smiled at me like always.

"Sure," I said, getting out of the care. I walked around and opened the door for her. She stepped out and smiled at me. I then walked her up to her apartment. She opened the door and looked at me. She looked down for a second.

"Thank you for actually coming tonight. I thought you would've backed out or said no because of the therapy group." She said. I nodded.

"Yeah, but they can't tell us what to do outside of that building can they?" I asked her, smirking a little. She smiled up at me.

"When did you suddenly stop being worried about getting caught together?" She asked. I shrugged.

"The moment I realized how much fun it would be to try and not get caught by the so-called "therapist"," I said. She smiled a little.

"Oh, so I guess we're on the same team right now, then." She said, leaning up against the wall next to her apartment.

"I guess so," I said.

"You should come in for a bit." She said, biting her lip a little. I sighed a little.

"You know, I would love to but I have work tomorrow," I told her. She sighed.

"But you wouldn't stay very long. A couple of hours maybe." She said. I smiled a little.

"Maybe another time," I told her. She looked down and nodded.

"Fine," she started walking back into her apartment. "I'll see you tomorrow night at seven." I nodded.

"Yeah, tomorrow," I said and She shut her door, smiling at me. I quickly left the building and got to the car. I sat there for a second. What was I saying? Was I leading her on? Was she leading me on? I don't know what that was. I'm not exactly sure what happened tonight. I just don't know if I want to go back to the precinct tonight. I don't feel like having Betty getting jealous for no reason. She's gone undercover plenty of times to fool men and I never once acted the way she did. I get she's worried about me, but I'm fine. I eventually left and went back to the precinct. It's my home at this point. My actual home is my second home. I went and sat at my desk and looked at the phone. I had a text from Veronica.

Lodge Girl

V: Goodnight, Jug

I chuckled a little and texted her back.

Me: Goodnight

And I threw the phone on my desk.