Hospital

Jughead's POV

I slowly opened my eyes. Everything was blurry and I was confused about where I was. My head hurt and so did the rest of my body. I looked over and saw Veronica. She looked up at me and quickly stood up.

"Thank God you're awake!" She said. I could tell she had been crying. I carefully tried to sit up a little more, but it hurt so much. "No, don't move." I just looked at her.

"What the hell happened?" I asked her. She sighed.

"You were shot, Jughead." She said. "I knew I shouldn't have let you go in there alone. I knew something bad would happen."

"Hey, don't blame yourself," I told her. "If you went in you might've gotten shot at too," I told her.

"Do you know who it was? Was it Nick?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No, it wasn't. It was the same three guys who beat me up a while ago. I have no idea who they are." I said and grabbed her hand. She smiled and looked at our hands.

"I'm just glad you're okay, Jug." She asked. I smiled too.

"Me too," I said. She leaned down and kissed me. I kissed her back. "I love you, Princess."

"I love you too," she said. Then, the door opened. We both looked over and I sighed a little. It was Betty and Charles. Veronica looked at them, then at me.

"Uhh, Veronica, this is Charles, my half brother and this is Betty, his half-sister." She looked at me confused. "It's a long story," I told her. She nodded a little. "Umm, what are you guys doing here?"

"I got a call that you were in the hospital. You still have me as your emergency contacts." Charles said. I looked at Betty. She was looking at my and Veronica's hands. I immediately let go of her hand. "What happened?"

"I got shot doing... things," I said, looking at Veronica. This whole situation is so messed up. I can't say what I'm totally doing because Veronica would question things. But, I'm telling these two things they already know about and I'm pretending they don't. This is so confusing.

"What things were you doing?" Betty asked. I sighed and now looked at Charles.

"It was just things," I said. Veronica's phone buzzed. We all looked at her.

"I have to go. I'll be right back, Jug." She said. I nodded and she left. I looked back at the other two.

"I'm gonna go do something real quick," Betty said and started walking out. I knew the moment she said that she was up to something.

Veronica's POV

My phone buzzed and the three of them looked at me. I quickly grabbed my phone. It was my parents. I called my mom as we were coming to the hospital. They were here. As it turned out it was only my mom. I told her that he was okay and that she should go home. On my way back I ran into Betty. I don't know what it is, but I have this really off feeling about her. She smiled a faked smile.

"Hey, Veronica, right?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah," I said. I was going to continue walking by her, but she stopped me. I just looked at her.

"Hold on a minute, I just have a quick question for you." She said. I sighed.

"Sure, what is it?" I asked.

"Well, I just want to know how you and Jughead know each other." She said. "He's never said anything about you."

"We met in a rehab therapy group for alcohol and drug abuse," I told her.

"Oh, I didn't think you were supposed to talk to anybody outside of those groups." She said. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, well, we broke a few rules and whatever. We don't even go to the group anymore." I told her. She nodded.

"Oh, that's too bad. Tell me, how did Jughead actually get shot?" She asked.

"He told you how. He was doing things and it just happened I guess." I said.

"Yeah, but I think you know more." She said.

"Well, I don't. Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to him." I said, walking past her and back into his room. As I was walking in, the Charles dude was walking out. I looked through the window of his room and saw the two outside in what seemed to be a heated argument. "What are they arguing about?"

"I don't know and I don't want to know." He said. I looked at him.

"Okay, I really want to know because this confused me. So, he is your half brother, but she is his half-sister?" I questioned. He nodded.

"Yes, my dad and her mom were stupid teenagers once. We didn't know Charles even existed until high school." He said.

"Oh, so you and Betty knew each other in highschool?" I asked him. He looked away a little bit.

"She was the crazy girlfriend." He said.

"Oh, I see that," I mumbled.

"What? Did she say something to you?" He asked  I sighed and nodded

"Yeah, it wasn't really a big deal. She just asked if I knew more than what you were telling. I said I didn't. My parents would kill us if they found out that we told somebody else about this and what we were doing." I told him. He nodded and chuckled.

"Yeah," it was quiet. He sighed.

"What is it, Jug?" I asked.

"I don't know. I was just thinking I guess." He said.

"Well, what were you thinking about?" I asked.

"Just about how you came with me tonight and if I hadn't told you to stay in the car that you could've gotten hurt too. If something happened to you, Veronica, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself." He said. I smiled a little.

"That's sweet, Jug, but you're the one in the hospital bed, not me," I told him.

"I know that, I just don't want anything happening to you." He said.

"I'm fine, Jug. I promise." I told him.

"Good,"

Sorry, I know this chapter was a little boring.