Surprises

Three Days Later
Jughead's POV

"Go away. I don't want to see you." She said.

"I didn't know they were listening. I told them not to." I told her.

"How can I believe that? Everything you said to me has been a lie. Just leave me alone, please." She said. I nodded and left. Charles was still standing there. I shut the door and looked at him.

Fifteen Hours Earlier

I woke up with Veronica in my arms. I smiled a little and pulled her closer. I very slowly reached over to grab my phone. Is it six AM? Why am I up so early? I noticed the small smile on her face. I started giving her little kisses on her cheek. She smiled even more and laughed a little.

"Jughead, stop!" She said. I chuckled a little and held her tighter. She looked down at me. "What do you want from me?"

"Nothing. I just thought you looked adorable." I said. She rolled her eyes.

"We have that meeting thing today," she said. I sighed and nodded. "What's wrong, Jug?"

"Nothing, I just... I just wanted to spend the whole day with you." I told her. She smiled a little and gave me a quick kiss.

"Well, you can. We don't have to leave till around six or seven." She said. I shook my head.

"Okay, but I'll be needing to leave an hour or town before then. And don't you dare ask why." I said a small smile on my face.

"What is it?" She asking, smiling a little.

"I told you not to ask!" I said.

"No, you said not to ask why. I just asked what it is." She said.

"It's a surprise," I said. I rolled her eyes.

"Okay, well, we should be getting up." She said and started together up, but I pulled her back.

"But I don't want to," I said.

"Jug, we have to," she said. I sighed.

"Alright, fine," I said and let go of her. She quickly got up, grabbing her clothes, and walking out to go to her room. I got up and around too.

I walked out of her room before her, as always. She came out with kind of a worried look on her face. It was the first thing I noticed.

"Hey, are you okay? You look worried." I said. She looked at me and nodded.

Yeah, I'm fine. I just got a little dizzy. It's fine." She said.

"Are you sure?" I asked. She smiled.

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine, Jug. I swear," she said.

"Okay," I said unsure. There was a knock at their door. "It probably--"

"Jellybean," she finished.

"She's fifteen. Why does she need to bother us every day?" I muttered. Veronica just laughed and went to open the door.

"I need to speak to Jughead now!" She said. Veronica looked back at me and I walked out to her, shutting the door.

"What do you need, JB?" I asked her, keeping my voice down a little.

"It's happening today, isn't it?" She asked.

"I'm not sure why your asking, I'm sure you know that. Why are you remind me?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes.