Packing

Jughead's POV

I woke up to someone softly talking right outside my room. I realized Veronica wasn't with me anymore. I sighed and got up. She was walking around the kitchen and on the phone. I leaned against the wall and waited for her to notice me. It didn't take her very long. She sighed.

"I gotta go," she said and hung up. She walked over to me with a small smile on her face. "Hi, Jug." She said, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Who were you talking to?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Nobody, just my dad. He called you last night." She said.

"What did he say?" I asked her.

"He obviously wanted you to deliver something. But, I told him that you were sleeping and that we are going on a trip." She said. I chuckled.

"Oh, I forgot about that. Wait, we are actually going on a trip?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Of course! Why would I suggest it if we weren't going to?" She asked. I just shrugged.

"I don't know," I said.

"Well, we are leaving tonight. So, you better start packing. I'm already halfway done. We'll be gone for a week and a half." She said, walking into her room. I sighed. That feels like half my closest now. I just walked to my room and started packing.

Packing was kind of rushed since we were leaving today and I woke up a little late. I don't even know how long Veronica has been up. I walked out of my room and saw Veronica. She smiled at me.

"You ready?" She asked.

"Uhh, I need to go do a few things real quick. But, I will be back in half an hour." I told her. She sighed.

"Did my dad call you?" She asked, with a little sadness in her voice.

"No, I just need to go do a few things. I promise I'll be right back." I told her. She nodded.

"Where are you going?" She asked. I sighed a little.

"To the place, I lived before this," I said and started to leave.

"Wait, why?" She asked.

"Just to go grabbed a couple of things," I said and left. And hope Betty isn't there when I get there. I honestly don't know what I need from there, I just feel like I do need something.

When I got there, it was empty. Didn't seem like Betty was here at all. I just slowly walked around trying to be quiet just in case. I was about to walk upstairs when I heard my name.

"Jughead?" I slowly turned around and saw Betty. She looked confused. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to just grab a few things. Or I thought I was. I don't need anything anymore. Uhh, I have to go." I said and turned away from her.

"Well, no, wait a minute," she said. I stopped and looked at her. "What did you need?"

"I said it was nothing, Betty. I really have to go now. Veronica will wonder where I am." I told her. She looked confused once again.

"Wait, why would Veronica care where you're at?" She asked. I sighed quietly.

"Umm, because we need to deliver some things." I lied to her.

"Wait, I thought you did that alone?" She questioned. Ugh, why is she asking so many questions?

"Well, over a months ago I got a little beat up. She got worried. Didn't want me to go out alone." I told her.

"Why would she care about you and your safety?" She asked.

"I don't know, I guess she likes me just enough, Betty!" I said.

"Well, she better keeps her hands off of you or I'll kill her." She said, chuckling a little. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, well, I have to go now, Betty. Bye!" I said and quickly left. Why the hell was she here?

When I got back, Veronica seemed to be waiting for me. She smiled at me once again and walked over to me.

"What did you need to get?" She asked. I shook my head.

"I couldn't find it. The guys I told you who lived there with me kind of trashed the place." I lied to her. Oh, God! Why am I lying to everybody today? Am I lying to myself about something?

"Oh, well, can we go now? I want to get out of here." She said. I chuckled.

"Sure, baby," I said. "Here, you go to the caf and I'll get our bags."

"Are you sure you don't want help?" She asked. I nodded.

"I'm sure, I know I'll be making a few trips, but that's fine," I told her. "Also, when we get to wherever we're going, I'm bringing the bags inside. You are not touching any of them." She laughed a little.

"Okay," she said. I gave her a quick kiss.

"Now go get in the car," I said.

I did in fact bring all, the bags down to the car. And I did in fact make multiple trips. She kept constantly asking if I wanted help. I said I didn't need anything. I probably did but didn't show it. It was easy though. She ended up driving since I had no idea where we were going.

It was almost a four-hour drive. I didn't complain though. But, sometimes while driving, when we're sitting in a lot of traffic or something she'd something stupid. Sometimes even just in the middle of driving. And by stupid, I mean to kiss me. I had to be the one to pull away. She just laughed at me every time. She thought it was funny. And to be honest, I did too.

But, when we got there it was almost ten at night. We both got out of the car and she started to walk to the back of the car. I quickly stopped her. She smiled at me.

"What are you doing? What did I say before we left? I'm getting all the bags." I told her.

"Jug, that's a lot of bags. You don't need to carry them all on by yourself." She said. I shook my head.

"I might not need to, but I'm going to. I'll bring your bags first." I told her. She just stood there, smiling at me. "Uhh, you can go now."

"You're such an idiot!" She said and walked away.

"No, I'm a gentleman. I'm kind." I said, acting like a child just a little.

"Whatever," I heard her muttered. I chuckled and grabbed a few of her bags.

As I brought her bags inside she was taking them. Then, I brought my bags inside and she took some of those too. When I was done bringing bags in, I finally got a chance to look at the place. Or cabin shall I say. Veronica walked around the corner and smiled at me.

"Welcome to what I like to call "Lodge Lodge"," she said and laughed a little. I chuckled.

"This is where we are staying for a week and a half?" I asked her.

"It is. My family owns it, obviously, but my parents don't know we are staying here. I didn't want them to know where we were." She said, walking over to me and wrapping her arms around my neck. She smirked a little seductively. "How do you want to spend our first night here, hmm?" I put my hands on her waist and pulled her closer to me.

"I think I have some ideas," I told her.

"Oh, do you now? Care to explain some of these ideas?" She asked. Our lips were so close to touching.

"How about," I pushed her up against the wall. "I just show you." She smiled a little, starring down at my lips.

"I think I like that idea," she said and I kissed her. It was passionate and loving and a little bit lustful. I quickly picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist. You know what happens next.