Inconvenience

Two Months Later
Jughead's POV

Veronica's calmed down about all the times I would get beat up. It hasn't happened since I was last in the hospital. She told her dad about Nick and his threats. I honestly don't know how he felt or if he should believe it, but I think he did.

Veronica and I are just casually making out on the couch. She started to pull my shirt off. I let her, and she took hers off and she immediately kissed me again. It was passionate but also heated. She started to undo my pants. But before we could get any farther her phone rang. She slowly pulled away and sighed. She started to get up, but I stopped her.

"Just ignore it,"

"I can't, Jug, it might be my mom. Or dad." She got up and grabbed her phone. I watched as she looked at her phone, then at me, and walked to her room, shutting that door. I sighed. I grabbed my shirt and put it back on, knowing that she's gonna be leaving. If she gets a call and she walks into her room, it means she's probably leaving.

I'm still trying to find ways to prove that she's innocent. It's hard when all the evidence is only in words. I don't have anything else to prove it. I still have three months to figure it out though.

Veronica walked out of her room and I looked at her. She gave me a sympathetic look. I sighed a little.

"I'm sorry, Jug, but I have to go. But we will continue this later, I promise." She said and started walking towards the door.

"How long will it be till you get back?" I asked her.

"Umm, two, maybe three hours. I'll text you when I'm on my way back." She said and left. At least I can go make a plan with Betty and Charles. Because these three months will go by fast. I just don't want this to end. Ever.

When I got to the precinct I felt different. It feels like I'm coming here a lot more and I don't like it at all. Not only because I have to see Betty, but because it reminds me what I'm actually doing. And what I'm doing is hurting Veronica, and myself. I don't want to think about what's going to happen next.

I went to find Betty and Charles. It wasn't very hard, they are very easy to find. I walked over to them and they both looked at me. I heard Betty sigh and get up. I looked at her as she walked over to me.

"Have you found anything that can prove this girl innocent?" She asked. I sighed, annoyed.

"No, I have not. It's hard trying to find proof when we're..." I quickly stopped myself. "When she's never gone and it's all probably somewhen I can't find it."

"Like what? Her bedroom? I'm sure you've been in there many times," she muttered.

"Excuse me!" I said.

"Okay, enough," Charles said. We both looked at him. "I'm sick of you too arguing every time you see each other. It's either get along or  break up." I looked at Betty. She just walked away.

"Great! Thanks, that was very helpful." I said, looking at him again. He just sighed.

"Remember you have three months to prove she innocent or she will be coming in here with her hands behind her back." He said, getting up and walking away.

"You don't think I know I have three months. I'm trying. Why can't you just give me a little more time?" I asked him. He turned and looked at me.

"If you want more time, I'm not the one you should be talking to. That should her father." He said. I shook my head.

"No, why can't we just not bust them this time. Wait for another time. Just to give me more time." I told him.

"So we can wait another year so you can prove this girl is innocent?" He asked. He sighed and walked over to me. "I don't know what's going on between you and her and I don't want to know, but it better stop now. I don't want you hurting Betty in any way. She's my sister." He said.

"And I'm your brother. And she's my girlfriend. And there is nothing happening between me and that girl." I said and immediately left. I got in the car and sighed. Dammit!

I wonder if Betty is the one telling him this. She doesn't even know. I mean, I know it shouldn't be happening, but I can't help my feelings for Veronica. They're real. With Betty, everything has changed since high school. I can't exactly picture a future with her. It all just doesn't seem to end well when I think about it. But Veronica, the girl I stupidly fell for while being undercover, I see my whole future with her. But, with what's going down in three months, I don't think that will be happening.

I was brought out of my thoughts by my phone buzzing. I knew it might have been Veronica so I quickly pulled it out. And it was. She was telling me she was on her way back right now. So I quickly made my way back before she could get there before me.

I was sitting on the couch, thinking, when she walked in. I heard her say my name, but I didn't respond. I was just thinking about what Charles said. When he said something about Betty and I breaking up or whatever is happening between me and Veronica and how it needs to end. But I don't want this to end.

"Jughead?" I now looked over to see Veronica. She walked over to me and I could the concern on her face. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I asked her. She sat down next to me.

"I don't know. You just didn't reply to me when I said your name. Did you not hear me?" She asked.

"Oh, sorry, I was just thinking," I told her. She nodded. She layed her head on my shoulder. "Are you okay, baby?"

"Yeah, I'm just tired is all," she said.

"Why don't we go to bed?" I asked her. She smiled and looked at me.

"It's only seven," she said. I shrugged.

"So? Or, like you said this morning, we will finish what we started then." I said with a small chuckle, not actually meaning it. She quickly kissed me and straddle me. I pulled away. "I was kidding." She smiled and bit her lip a little.

"But I wasn't," she said. I chuckled and kissed her again. I started kissing down to her neck. She left out soft and quiet moans until I kissed her again. She started tugging at my shirt. I quickly took it off and she took hers off, we threw them to the floor. The kiss got really heated and messy, but it was passionate and loving. I wrapped my arms around her pulled her body as close to mine as I could.