Kisses

Jughead's POV

I grabbed her face and pulled her into a kiss. I wasn't in control of my actions at the moment. It's like someone had taken over my mind and body. At first, she didn't kiss back. I was about to pull away, thinking this was a bad idea. And it was. But, she kissed me back, wrapping her arms around my neck. I pulled her closer. The one thing I've been longing for has happened, but I don't want it to end. Even though it had to, and it did. She slowly pulled away, smiling a little. I smiled a little too, just looking down at her. She looked down a little, I knew she probably felt a little weird and embarrassed. She slowly looked back up at me, looking down at my lips for a second. I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"It's getting late," I told her. "We should probably get to bed." She nodded.

"Yeah," she muttered, turning around she took only a few steps before stopping and turning around and kissing me again. I couldn't resist it, I kissed her back. This time there was no hesitation. I smiled a little, and she slowly pulled away. She nodded again and walked away, going into her room and shutting the door. I smiled and walked to my room. It finally happened. I finally brought myself to do it. I finally kissed her. I laid in bed and replayed the moment in my mind until I fell asleep just thinking about it.

The Next Morning

I got up and got around for the day. I walked out of my room and saw Veronica looking at her phone, pacing around a little. I was a little confused so I stopped her. She looked up at me, looking a little nervous.

"Are you okay?" I asked her. She quickly nodded and walked by me.

"I'm fine. Also, there's nothing to do today either. I'm going out by myself. You can do whatever you want I guess. Unless my dad calls you, go to him. You can leave if you want. Just no people over. Anyway, I'm going now. Bye, Jones." She said quickly and left. What is going on with her? Is it about what happened last night? Should I not have kissed her? But she did kiss me back. And then again a second time. Was it just in the moment? I guess I can ask her about it later.

Since I'm here by myself, and I can leave, I could go to the precinct for an hour or two. Wait, Betty might be there. How could I go there after I have just kissed Veronica? I mean, I know I don't have to say anything about it, but the guilt. I guess I'll go anyways.

When I got back down to the precinct, both Betty and Charles were there. I sighed a little and they looked at me as I walked in. They both stood up a little.

"What are you doing here?" Charles asked. They both were equally confused. "Aren't you supposed to be with Veronica's dad?"

"Well, today I didn't have to do anything, nor did I yesterday, and she's gone all day. So, I thought I should down here and write a few things down. Also, it's gonna take more than a couple of months just to catch these people." I told them.

"Why?" Betty asked, a little suspiciously.

"Because they are very good with their work, and they're smart. Plus, they're talking about something within the next year, but it's gonna take longer than a few months to get it done." I told her. She sighed a little.

"Do you have any idea what is happening?" Charles asked me

"That depends on what you want to know. They keep me out of most things because they're not sure how trustworthy I am I guess. Veronica says they'll come around. I just hope it's sooner rather than later." I said. They both nodded. I went to my desk to write what has happened in the last month.

I didn't realize how long I had actually been here until I looked at the time. Three hours? I had also gotten a text from Veronica. Saying that she was on her way back. I quickly left the precinct. I know she said I could leave, but I would like to be there before she got there. Plus, it was getting kind of late.

I did in fact beat her because when I got there, she wasn't inside. I went and relaxed on the couch and waited for her. About an hour later she walked in. She looked at me and smiled weakly.

"Traffic," she sighed. I nodded, and she started walking back to her room.

"Hey," she turned to look at me again. "Can we talk for a minute?" I asked her. She looked down a little and nodded. She slowly walked over to the couch and sat somewhat next to me. I could tell She tried to stay as far away as possible.

"Uhh, what do you need?" She asked. She never looked directly at me. She kind of just looked everywhere else. I sighed.

"You've been acting strange since last night," I said. She quickly looked at me. "It's gotten me a little worried."

"I don't know what you mean. I'm fine, I promise." She said. "I gotta go." She quickly stood up.

"See, that's what I'm talking about. You won't stay and have a normal conversation with me now. You left super quick this morning." I told her. She looked at me.

"I have a life, Jones. What's your point?" She asked. I sighed and stood up too. She just looked up at me.

"Did I do something wrong when I kissed you yesterday? Am I feeling something that you aren't? Because if I am, please tell me. I don't want to be slowly falling for you more and more just to get hurt in the end. I like you, Veronica." I told her. She looked down a little. "Did I do something wrong?"

"What?" She asked, looking at me again. "No, you did nothing wrong. I just didn't expect that to happen then. I just didn't know if you actually felt the same way because I've been falling for you too, I just didn't know what to do. So, I pushed those feelings aside." I smiled a little. This is not how this was supposed to go!

"What are you saying?" I asked her.

"That I like you too," she said. "It's just," she looked down. Oh, no. Please don't say what I think She's about to say. I really do like her. Who wouldn't? "I don't do the whole dating thing. It just ends up with me or someone getting hurt."

"Veronica," I cupped her face with my hands. "I promise, that won't happen. Please, give me a chance. Give us a chance." I begged. "Please?" She smiled a little.

"All right, fine." She said. I smiled and kissed her. She kissed back. Best day of my life.