Beaten

Jughead's POV

I'm just listening to Veronica go on and on about why she needs a break from her parents, and the family business. I'm just smiling at her because it's a little funny. But, if I'm being honest, I'm not really listening. I'm just looking at her and paying attention to the road. We're on our way to get to her parents right now. She finally stopped and let out a deep breath, looking at me.

"Uhh, wow!" I said with a small chuckle as if I just paid attention the whole time.

"Yeah, I just want a break you know?" She said. I nodded.

"I do. Why don't you just ask for one?" I asked her. She sighed a little.

"I don't know actually," she muttered. "I'm gonna do that. Daddy might not be happy about it, but he'll still say yes. Do you want me to ask about one for you?"

"Um, no, I'm good I think," I told her. Actually, I do want one, but the other day when I asked a whole bunch of questions, I kind of just want to make sure I'm on his good side.

"Okay, whatever you want." She said, looking out of the window again.

On e we got there, she immediately went up to her dad to ask if she could finally have a break. How long has she done this without a break? I don't know what he said, but she came over and stood by me. I looked at her. She was smiling a little.

"What did he say?" I asked her. She looked up at me, with that small, devilish smile. Why do I hate and love that smile?

"Not today, but tomorrow we both don't have to come back to work. He has some business meetings to attend to. That's what comes with owning one of the top three businesses in the world, Jug." She said. I smiled a little just looking down at her. I chuckled a little as I had an idea.

"How about a date tonight?" I asked her. She looked at me once again. I nodded.

"Okay, what time do I need to be ready?" She asked. I shrugged and thought for a moment.

"Mmm, let's say eight?" I asked. She nodded and smiled a little more.

"Are you picking me up?" She asked. I nodded.

"I could. If you wanted." I said. She laughed a little.

"You're picking me up. Also, I'm picking where we're gonna go." She said, kind of demandingly. I chuckled.

"I'll be there by eight," I muttered under my breath.

All-day it was just driving around delivering bags of drugs and whatever. The more I have to do this, the more I feel like I'm gonna get caught. See, I don't have a wire on me nor do I have my badge. So, if a cop decides to pull me over and check my car, I'm screwed. Then, I'll have to go through a whole process, and then tell them to call Charles or Betty, just someone apart of the FBI just to get me out of there.

As I delivered the last bag, something felt off about this time. I don't know what it was, but I just want to give this bag to somebody and leave to catch my date with Veronica. I pulled out my phone to look at the time. 7:23. Good. I still have less than an hour to get back and change into a better suit. It was dark, other than the light of the moon coming through the window. I didn't get to walk in very far before I heard a gun cocking from behind me. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Great!

"Put your hands in the air." I slowly raise my hands and slowly turned back around. Although it was hard to see, I could the clear outlines of three men. "Who are you?"

"Nobody, I'm just here to deliver drugs," I said. The guy with the guy walked closer to me, still with it aimed at me.

"I didn't order any drugs." He said. I sighed.