Dinner

Jughead's POV

I just got out of the hospital the other day and ever since then, Veronica's been acting weird. She doesn't speak to me normally. It seems like she gets a little scared and nervous around me. I don't understand why. I think it's because of me getting shot. Maybe she thinks it's her fault. I walked out of my room and saw her standing at the kitchen counter. I walked over to her and hugged her from behind. She smiled and laughed a little. I kissed her on her cheek.

"What are you doing out of bed? You're supposed to be resting." She said. I sighed.

"I was only shot in my abdomen. It's not like I was run over by a truck." I told her. She looked at me.

"Jughead," she said in a serious tone.

"I'm sorry, baby," I said. She sighed and looked away.

"But still, you could still hurt yourself you know that, right?" She asked.

"I'm fine I swear. Besides, you won't let me even be your father's paperboy anymore." I said. She nodded.

"Yeah, and you're not gonna be for a while. I told him he's gonna have to find someone else for a while." She said.

"Veronica, I can still work. Trying to find someone else is going to be work." I told her. She looked back at me and smiled.

"It wasn't so much work to find you." She said. I chuckled.

"You didn't really give me a choice," I said. She walked over to me and just stood in front of me. I leaned on the counter a little.

"No, I gave you every chance to leave. You just kept coming over until the day my father told you, you were living with me." She said, smiling a little. I just looked down at her.

"Why would I want to leave?" I asked her. She smiled, slowly dragging her hand down my bare chest.

"Maybe it's the same reason you fell for me." She said, looking up at me again. I slowly started leaning in.

"Mmm, maybe," I whispered and kissed her. She kissed me back. I slowly ran my hands down her body. Then, her phone went off. She pulled away from a little. I let go of her and she walked to her phone.

"It's my father." She said, pretending to be surprised.

"Are you leaving me today?" I asked her. She looked up from her phone.

"You really think I would leave you here alone?" She asked. "No, he wants us to go there tonight for dinner."

"Oh," I muttered.

"You don't sound very excited." She said.

"Eh, I was planning on going anywhere for a while," I told her.

"You're fine. And yes, we're going." She said.

"I know that," I said. "I'm just not very excited about going." She smiled and rolled her eyes.

"Well, I'm going out today. I'll be back before we have to meet with them." She said, walking over to me.

"Okay, I'll see you later," I said. She quickly kissed me then left. I used this as my perfect time to go back to the precinct. I'm specifically going to tell Charles everything.

The moment I walked out of the elevator, I saw Charles and Betty. I walked over to them. They both had confused looks on their faces.

"What do you have for us, Jones?" Charles asked. I sighed.

"Not a lot. The only I can tell you that seems important is that Hiram Lodge is having Veronica and me over for dinner tonight. Other than that it's just meeting a lot of sketchy people while being a delivery boy." I told them.