Curious

Jughead's POV

I woke up with Veronica in my arms. I looked at her and she was still asleep. I smiled a little as I remembered everything from last night. I slowly got up, trying not to wake her up. She stirred a little but didn't wake up. I grabbed my phone and I had a lot of messages from specifically Betty. I sighed and rolled my eyes. What could she possibly want? I'm not able to make it to the precinct right now. Why won't she understand that?

"Jug?" I looked over and realized Veronica was awake now. She looked at me and smiled. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing baby," I said and put my phone down.

"Come back!" She said, smiling a little. I chuckled and climbed back in bed next to her. She cuddled up to me and I wrapped my arms around her. "Last night was amazing."

"It was," I said.

"Do you think we have to deliver things today?" She asked. I sighed and looked at her.

"I don't know. I hope not." I said. She smiled a little.

"I guess I should call my mom. Ask her if we have to come today." She said and started to get up.

"No, stay just a little longer," I said. She looked back at me.

"I'll be right back, I promise." She said. I sighed and let go of her hand. She slowly left the room to go find her phone. I got up and got around anyways. She walked back in a few minutes later. "Good. You're around. We have to go." She said disappointedly.

"That's what I thought," I said. She walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"And what if we didn't have to go?" She asked with a smile on her face. "Would we have just laid in bed all day?" She was slowly leaning in. I put my hands on her waist and pushed her against the wall just like last night. She smiled up at me, biting her lip a little. She slowly leaned in again and stopped right as her lips were about to touch mine. I wanted to kiss her, but something held me back. "I need to get around." She slowly backed away a little. "We need to be leaving in an hour." And she walked out of my room. She's such a tease.

When we got to her parents, like always, they were waiting for us. The whole morning, Veronica had the brightest smile on her face. She came with me to deliver things. By noon we had already delivered eight bags of drugs and money. In only four hours. I don't understand how these drugs could be so popular.

We got back, and immediately her mom asked to talk to her alone. Her father wasn't around so I had to just stand and wait awkwardly. But, not too long after they left, Hiram came.

"You're back." He said. I looked at him and nodded. "Where's Veronica?"

"She and your wife went to go talk privately," I told him. He nodded.

"Oh, when she comes back you may leave." He said. "Also, a little bit of a heads up, within the next couple of months there may be late-night calls that you'll have to make deliveries to. I'll be the first to notify you."

"Oh, umm, okay," I said. Then, Veronica and her mom walked back in. Veronica looked a little embarrassed as she walked over to me. She grabbed my arm and started pulling me away.

"We're leaving now," she said and continued to pull me out. We got out by the car and she let go of me.

"Veronica, what was that?" I asked her. She looked at me with a small smile on her face.

"My mom asked me why I was so happy and smiling so much today." She said.

"And?" I asked.

"She saw us at the bar and leaving together last night. She was pretty sure she knew exactly what happened after we left." She told me. "She kept going on and on and I started to get embarrassed, which is why I dragged you." I chuckled.

"Are you embarrassed by me?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"No, no, of course not. It's just the way she said it. It was so weird and embarrassing." She said, looking down a little. I chuckled and pulled her close to me. "Jug, stop! Get in the car!" She said, pushing me away. She walked around to the driver's side. "Give me the keys, asshat."

"Fine," I willingly handed them to her and got into the car.

When we got back to the apartment, her phone went off and she sighed, walking to her room. She shut the door behind her. I've realized the whole half-year I've been living here, I've never been in her room. I've never questioned it until now. What if something I'm looking for is in that room. But, I don't even know what I'm looking for. I need to get back to the precinct. I'm not gonna leave with Veronica here. It might get a little suspicious. Maybe, I'm not sure.

I pulled my phone out and sat on the couch. It was only noon. What am I gonna do with the other half of my day? What did Hiram mean by late-night calls? Am I gonna have to deliver things in the middle of the night now? I'm honestly surprised I haven't been doing that before. Now I'm going to abandoned buildings and alleys to give the bags to people without getting caught.

Veronica walked out of her room and sighed. She noticed me on the couch. I noticed she looked a little upset about something.

"Ronnie, is something wrong?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"No, I just got to go," she said. "A few friends called. Asked if I could go out with them for a while."

"Okay, when will you be back?" She walked over to me.

"Probably about midnight but," she smiled and straddled me, wrapped her arms around my neck. "You don't have to worry or wait up for me. I'll be fine."

"You saying that makes me worry," I told her. She laughed a little.

"Oh, my God! You don't need to. I'll be with people I know. I'll be back, I promise. And if I'm not I'll call you in the morning I swear." She said. I chuckled.

"Okay, I believe you. Go have fun." I said. She smiled and kissed me.

"Thank you!" She said, getting off of me and leaving. She is so adorable.