Talks

Jughead's POV

I woke up the next morning with a small headache. I sighed and slowly got out of bed. I changed and walked out of my room to find Veronica up and around herself. She smiled and walked over to me. I could tell just by the look on her face that we had to work today. I sighed and smiled a little myself.

"Let me guess, I have to deliver things again today," I said. She nodded.

"Yeah, and I'm coming with you today. I don't want what happened yesterday to happen again." She said. I chuckled a little.

"Thank you for being worried, Princess, but I'm fine. It was just a one-time thing." I told her.

"That you know of! You don't know that it won't happen again." She said. I sighed.

"Okay, you can come with me today." I have in. How could I possibly say no to her? Besides, even if I did She would still come with me.

"Okay, great! Let's go!" She said and left. And like always, she drove again. She's always driving for some reason.

When we got there, I immediately had to deliver things. I left and Veronica came with like She said she would. It was adorable how she wanted to make sure I was safe. But, I only wonder, if something did start happening again, what could she do? I kind of doesn't want to question her though. I looked over at her. We had just made our fifth delivery of the day, and she was just smiling and looking out of the window. She looked at me and smiled even more. I love her. She's adorable.

When we got back to her parents, they seemed to be waiting for us. They seem to always know when we'll be here or something. It's a little creepy. Before either of us could say a word, her father did.

"Jughead, may I have a word with you for a minute?" He asked. Veronica and I looked at each other. She nodded and took my arm off from being wrapped around her waist, and followed him. He took me to what seemed to be an office. His office I guess. He went and sat at the desk. "Please, sit." And I went to sit across from him. I just waited for him to say something. Instead, he grabbed a glass and a bottle of rum. "Would you like a glass?"

"What? Oh no, thank you. I'm good." I politely declined. I cleared my throat a little and sat up a little straighter. "What did you need to talk to me about?"

"Oh, right," he said. "This Saturday there is going to be a function. Specifically for businesses only." I relaxed a little after he said that. "I was only wondering if you would like to take my daughter?"

"Are you asking me to take Veronica to a function for business people?" I asked him.

"Well, I would assume you would do it without my asking." He said. I nodded.

"I mean, I would. I was just a little confused is all." I said.

"And well, you are apart of this business. I would hope to see you there anyways." He said. I nodded.

"Okay, we will be there," I said. It was quiet for a minute. "Umm, can I ask you something?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Sure," he said. "Go ahead."

"I don't know how to put this in other words, but I just want to to know why you hate me? Or that's just what it feels like. It feels like you're just not very fond of me." I said a little nervously.

"Well, to tell the truth," oh, here it comes. "I wasn't very fond of you when I first met you. But, Veronica said you were her boyfriend, which was quite questionable. You two seemed way too clingy, and her mother told me when you two actually got together. I also just didn't want to ruin anything for my daughter. But, I have gotten used to you over the months." He said. I nodded.

"Okay, so may I go now?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Yes," he said. I got up and started leaving. "You should be there no later than nine. But, you may leave whenever you like." I nodded and left his study. Veronica immediately walked up to me.

"What did he want?" She asked. I smiled a little.

"Did you wait for me?" I asked her. She looked down a little. "That's cute."

"Shut up! What did he say?" She asked again.

"I'll tell you in the car. Only if I get to drive again." I said. She stopped for a second. She looked like She had to think about it for a second.

"Alright, fine!" She said. I chuckled a little.

"Yeah!" I whispered.

"Watch it!" She said. I immediately stopped celebrating.

I did in fact get to drive again! She looked at me with a smile on her face. I sighed and shook my head.

"What did he want to talk about?" She asked once again.

"Okay, fine," I gave it. "He just wanted to talk about a business function that's happening on Saturday and asked if I would like to take you." She laughed a little.

"So, my own father asked my boyfriend if she wanted to take me to a business event Saturday night?" She asked. I nodded.

"Pretty much, yeah," I said.

"Well, for one, yes, I will. And for two, why did he ask you?" She questioned.

"I have no clue. And I didn't question. Specifically, because he is your father and you're weird." I smiled at her. She looked offended.

"I'll be sure to remember that," she said. I just chuckled.

"And I'll be sure to remember all the times you actually let me drive. Not just because you're tired or something." I said. She rolled her eyes.

"You're an ass," she muttered. I chuckled again.

"Thank you, I try to be," I said confidently. She looked at me and laughed a little. I smiled at her. She rolled her eyes, looking away from me.

"Idiot," I heard her mumble under breath, but I didn't say anything this time. I just smiled to myself.