Love

Jughead's POV

I woke up the next morning to quiet. I got up and got around. I walked out of my room. But, whereas I normally see Veronica when I opened my door, she wasn't there. How drunk did she get last night? I went and knocked on her bedroom door. There was no answer. I knocked again. Just as I was about to open her door, the door to the apartment opened. I heard a small little giggle which I immediately knew belonged to Veronica. I sighed and walked towards the door. I looked at her and she didn't seem to notice me for a couple of seconds. She was trying to be quiet, I could tell.

"Veronica," I said. She quickly looked back at me. She sighed and looked down. "Why are you getting home at seven o'clock in the morning? You said you'd be back by midnight."

"I know!" She said, walking over to me. "I was just having too much fun!" She slurred a little.

"Veronica, you said you would call if you weren't home by midnight." I reminded her.

"I know that too, I just forgot." She slurred again.

"Wait, are you still drunk?" I asked. She quickly shook her head.

"No, I'm not." She obviously lied. I sighed.

"Baby, I can smell the alcohol on you," I said. She scoffed and started walking away. "Wait, where are you going? I'm talking to you."

"Well, I'm done talking to you!" She said, looking back at me. "Besides, why do you care so much about this? It's my life."

"Because you're my girlfriend and I worry about you. Am I not able to worry about you?" I asked her.

"Well, I can take care of myself, Jones!" She said.

"Veronica quit acting like a child," I said. She rolled her eyes.

"Not until you stop interrogating me!" She said, walking back to her room. "It's my life. Quit worrying about it!" You could obviously tell She was still a little drunk.

"I'm not gonna quit worrying about someone I love!" I said. I immediately realized what I had just said and looked away from her. I knew she had slowly looked at me.

"What?" She asked. I sighed and looked down. She slowly walked towards me again.

"This wasn't how I wanted to tell you this. I started planning something, but I love you, Veronica." I said quietly. She made me look at her and she smiled. She quickly kissed me, and I kissed her back.

"I love you too, Jug," she said. I just kissed her again, pulling her close to me. I could taste the alcohol. I guess she's more sober than I thought. I quickly pulled her up and she wrapped her legs around me. I pushed her against the wall and started to kiss down to her neck. She let out a soft and quiet moan. Let's just say, we ended up in my bedroom.

Right now, Veronica and I are laying in bed, cuddled up to each other. I have her in my arms and she just had her head on my chest. She was smiling, and it was just quiet. Until she said something.

"Jug?" She asked.

"Yes, baby?" I questioned.

"This morning, what did you mean by 'this wasn't how I wanted to tell you after you had said I love you?" She asked. She had propped herself up on her elbow to look me in the eyes.

"Well, I have actually wanted to plan another date for us. A better one. One that's probably fancier. Like one that you're probably more used to." I told her. She looked confused now.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked. I sighed a little and looked up at the ceiling.

"Well, you grew up being the... rich girl I guess. And I grew up as a nobody. I didn't fit in with other people. I was an outcast." I told her. She smiled a little and put a hand on my face.

"Jughead, I don't care about anything being big or fancy. Maybe when I was younger, yes. I was a spoiled rich bitch. I still am, but--" I cut her off.

"You're not a bitch. You're the farthest from being a bitch." I told her. She giggled.

"That's sweet, Jug." She said. I just smiled at her. She quickly kissed me for a few seconds. "You don't need to plan anything big. The only thing I need and the only thing I want is you. Nothing is going to change that. Besides, you're working for my dad. And even if you weren't I'd still love you."

"I love you, too," I said. She smiled again.

"What time is it?" She asked. I reached for my phone.

"Umm, it is three o'clock," I said and looked at her.

"We've been in bed since seven this morning!" She said. I chuckled a little.

"Right after I "interrogated you"." I mimicked her. She hit me.

"Shut up! You were interrogating me. I'm sorry I forgot to call!" She said, laughing a little. I laughed a little too.

"Well, I'm not gonna say sorry for loving you," I told her. I grabbed her by putting my hands on her waist and pulling her on top of me. She smiled at me with the brightest smile I have ever seen.

"You're an asshole!" She giggled.

"I know that princess," I told her.

"Why do you call me that?"

"Call you what?"

"Princess? You've been calling me that for a while. I mean, I don't mind, but why?"

"Well, you're my princess, and I hope to one day, hopefully, make you my queen." She smiled and covered her face with her hands.

"Shut up!" She said.

"Why would I? I'm only stating a fact. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you, Ronnie." I said.

"I love you too, Juggie." She said. I quickly kissed her, pulling her body closer to mine. She smiled against my lips, and you can guess what happens next.