Getaway

Jughead's POV

I woke up with Veronica in my arms. I smiled a little as I noticed she was still asleep. She is so adorable. These next three months might be hell. Just knowing that I have three months left with her. And the only way I can prove to anyone else she is innocent is if I tell her what I'm doing so she can help me find things to prove her innocent. She stirred a little and I looked at her again. She smiled up at me.

"Hey," she said, laying her head down on my chest again and cuddling closer to me. I just helped her close.

"Good morning, baby," I said, smiling a little.

"Mmm, morning," she mumbled. I chuckled a little.

"Tired?" I asked her.

"Only a little," she said.

"Well, we have to get up. We have to deliver things today." I told her. She sighed.

"I don't want to," she said.

"We have to. Well, I have to. You don't have to. I can go by myself." I said, knowing what she'll say to that.

"Hell no! You are not delivering things on your own. You know how I feel about it." She said, sitting up a little.

"Ronnie, I'll be fine. Besides, you coming with me make everything hard on me." I told her.

"How is it hard on you?" She asked.

"Because I'm trying to make sure nothing happens to you. Your parents would kill me if anything happened to you." I told her. She smiled and laughed a little.

"They know I can take care of myself," she said. I nodded.

"I know, and so can I," I told her.

"Hmm, not if you've ended up in the hospital and have gotten beaten up a few times. Can you not defend yourself?" She asked, getting up.

"Excuse you, I can defend myself just fine," I told her. She looked back at me with a smirk on her face.

"I don't think so," she said. I got up and walked over to her.

"You're rude you know that?" I asked her. She smiled, all knowingly.

"I try my best," she said and walked out of the room. That's the one thing I won't miss. Her attitude. I sighed and started to get around for the day.

I walked out of my room and Veronica seemed to be waiting for me. She looked at me and sighed.

"Finally!" She said.

"What? Usually, it's me waiting for you. Maybe I decided to let you know how it feels." I said. She rolled her eyes.

"I hate you," she said.

"I love you too," I said and chuckled. She glared at me and then we left.

The whole day was boring. It's basically the same thing every day. Do as many deliveries as I need to, with Veronica. Then, go home. It's the same thing. What I think could be great is if Veronica and I could get away again. Just to be together. And maybe this time it could be longer than two weeks. Maybe about a month and a half, before everything goes down, Veronica and I could go somewhere and just be together for a month. So when we come back we have like two weeks until then.

Veronica and I are driving home now. I'm finally driving again. I don't know what it is with her, but she always has to be driving. I don't mind though, it's adorable. I looked at her and she looked at me.

"Hey, Ronnie, I have an idea," I said. She smiled a little and turned a little towards me.

"What is this idea?" She asked.

"I've been thinking, maybe we could get on another getaway trip. Because in like three months something is happening with this business, right?" I asked her. She nodded with a questioning look on her face. "So I thought that maybe about a month and a half before that we get away for a month. So when we come back that just leaves us about two weeks till then."

"Are you sure you'd want to stay away from working for my dad that long? I mean, I know I get anxious about you working, but... are you sure?" She asked. I nodded and looked at her.

"Yes, I am sure. And you can choose where we go again. We can go back to your family cabin or just anywhere." I said. "You have time to think about it. About a month or so."

"I know where I want to go," she said, smiling at me.

"Are you sure? You have a month to decide." I told her again. She nodded.

"I am. And I chose something with my family and for me last time." She said.

"Where are you going with this?" I asked her.

"When you planned that picnic and told me about your life and where you used to live, I was intrigued." She said. I quickly glanced at her. Oh, no!

"Are you saying you want to go where I grew up?" I asked her.

"That's exactly what I'm saying," she said. I sighed.

"I love you and everything but, Baby, I grew up in a small town. There was nothing really special about it. Except knowing and seeing the same people over and over again. And I'm sure nothing has changed." I told her.

"Maybe that's a good reason to go. See what's changed and what hasn't. Maybe you'll see people you know. And besides, when was the last time you were there?" She asked. I thought for a second.

"Probably when I left for college. I never went back because I never exactly had the right place to go to." I told her.

"Well, maybe you could just go back and relive old memories. And maybe make some with me too." She said, smiling a little. I chuckled.

"You're adorable you know that?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes.

"Please, Jug?" She asked. I sighed.

"Fine, for you. But, don't be mad when you realize it's not very interesting and there is nothing to do." I told her. She looked at me with a small smirk on her face.

"Don't worry, I won't," she said and looked out of the window again.