Thoughts

Two Weeks Later
Jughead's POV

I've been working for this family for the past two and a half weeks, and it's kind of messed up. Especially some of the things they have me do. But, it's all just so messed up. Sometimes Veronica would come with me just come with, or watch me, or just to talk to the people she knows. When she does that, I have to just wait for her. It sucks because it feels like they're taking forever.

Right now, I have just gotten back from running an "errand" for her father. Apparently, he messed up about or for something with Veronica and now she's not happy with him. I'm not sure what he said. I wasn't really paying attention. I still got what he wanted me to and he did the rest.

He told me I could leave, so I just went back to my and Veronica's apartment. Yeah, I did say mine and Veronica's, but she was the one who said it first. I was confused at first, but she just continued saying it and I kind of liked when she said. It gave me this weird feeling.

Also, I have kept Betty and Charles up to date with what's happening, and what I'm doing. I can tell Betty is still annoyed with the fact that I'm living with Veronica, and I have to constantly remind her about what we're doing. Sometimes I just feel like ending it already. Charles just tells me to keep doing what I'm doing and calls again when I can. There is only so much I can say in an hour, especially when there is so much happening in one day with these people.

Plus, Veronica and I "dating" is becoming kind of a problem. We're always around her parents and like she said when we're around her parents we have to act like a couple. I hate it because she's not really my girlfriend. But, the other problem is that I, just a little bit, enjoy when I have my arm wrapped around her, and she's smiling a little and so am I. It's like I'm kind of just trying to keep her safe a little. I don't understand why I'm trying to do that with what her family does. I still want to know how she got dragged into this. How could someone so young and beautiful let themselves get dragged into their parent's illegal business?

"What are you thinking about, Jones?" Veronica asked. I snapped myself out of my little trance. I was already looking at her. She was smiling a bit as She was just laying on the counter, once again only in her bra and underwear.

"What?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes, looking down a little. Her lips still formed into a small smile. I got up and walked over to her, leaning on the counter a bit.

"You've been looking at me for the past ten minutes. What are you thinking about now?" She asked, with a small laugh. I chuckled a little.

"Nothing. I was just thinking. Was I really looking at you?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Yes, you were. You looked like you were thinking hard about something. What were you thinking about?" She asked again. I shook my head.

"Oh, nothing important. Just a few things that are all." I told her.

"You're lying," she said.

"What? No, I'm not!" I said. She laughed a little more.

"Yes, you are. I can tell you're lying!" She said, smiling and sat up. I rolled my eyes.

"I am not lying. It's nothing important." I said and started walking to my room.

"Wait, where are you going?" She asked. I looked back at her.

"I'm going to go think alone and in the quiet," I told her. She got off the counter and started walking over to me.

"No, stay out here with me. It's boring being alone." She said. I sighed.

"You're not convincing me again. I just want to think for a little while. In the quiet." I told her. She sighed sadly.

"Fine," she said and started walking to her room. She shut the door. I chuckled and walked into mine.

We've started a really good relationship. Well, friendship. Which is something I needed to do, but it shouldn't be this good. We've gotten along about everything. Every once in a while I catch myself just looking at her, admiring her. I'm not sure how much longer I can deny it, but I'm pretty sure I'm catching a few feelings. But, it's not much. Only a little bit. Like it's not even there. It's just that she's so beautiful, and amazing, and smart, and funny that I'm slowly falling for her. I know I can't be. One; because I have a girlfriend who I haven't seen in so long. And two; because I'm supposed to be undercover and catching the Lodge family, not falling for their daughter. I honestly don't know what to do. But, I kind of can't wait for tomorrow. I get to be with her all day. Her father said he didn't anything for me, yet anyways. And she doesn't want to do anything tomorrow. So, I guess we'll be staying here all day or going out, I don't know. I just know I want to be with her all day long. Just to kind of watch her and make sure to pay attention to what's she's doing. I know by the time that comes I'll only be admiring her beauty, and not paying attention to what she's saying or doing. I'd be too distracted just by her. I don't think living with her was a good idea. None of this was a good idea. I should just stop now. Suddenly, there was a knock at my door. I sighed.

"Come in," I said. The door opened and I saw Veronica walking in. "You need." I joked a little.

"Just need someone to be with right now," she said. I sat up a little, waving her over to me. She closed the door and little and walked over to the bed. I pulled her on the bed and pulled her closer.

"Is something wrong?" I asked her. She shrugged and looked at me.

"I just had this weird upsetting feeling, and just that I needed someone." She said. I nodded and pulled her closer again, laying down. I just had her in my arms. I felt a little nervous and I have butterflies. I don't know how to explain this feeling, but I think I like it.