Business

Jughead's POV

All week Veronica has been thinking about the business event that happening tonight. She really only bothers to ask what she should wear. As she is doing right now. We're in the car heading back to the apartment when she asked me once again.

"What should I wear tonight?" She doesn't sound like she had to know now. She just casually asks it. I looked at her.

"How come the only time you ever ask me this is when we're in the car and I'm driving?" I asked. She slowly looked at me and I could see the smile on her face.

"You've noticed?" She asked. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Yes, I have. There is a lot I notice about you." I said.

"What is one thing about me that you notice that bothers you?" She asked. I sighed and thought for a moment. Which I didn't really need to think at all.

"How beautiful you are," I said.

"What?" She asked.

"What?" I looked at her. "It bothers me because I don't understand how someone can be so damn beautiful!" She smiled a little and looked down.

"Shut up," she muttered.

Once we got to the apartment, she immediately walked into my room and lay on the bed next to me. She just cuddled up to me without saying a word. I put my phone down and wrapped my arms around her. I thought this was going to just be a sweet and quiet time together. But, no it wasn't.

"Juggie," she said quietly.

"Yes, Princess?" I asked her.

"What am I gonna wear?" She asked.

"Oh, my God, Veronica," I muttered. I heard her laugh a little. "Baby, you could literally wear anything and you'll still look beautiful to me."

"Really?" She asked.

"Yes," I said and kissed her a little. "Now, we have about four and a half hours till we have to leave," I told her.

"I better go then," she said, starting to get up. But, I pulled her back.

"Why?" I complained.

"Because it'll take me all for hours to get ready." She said. I sighed.

"Why would it take you four hours to get ready?" I asked her. She smiled at me.

"Because why not?" She asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Alright fine," I said. "If you really think you need fifty hours to get around you can."

"Thank you!" She said and left the room. I sighed. She's so damn weird, but I love her. I don't know when the right time to say that will be. When I said it to Betty it was just normal "I love you" then we kind of moved on. With Veronica, every time I even think about her I get butterflies in my stomach. Really it's every time I see her.

By eight-thirty I was ready to leave and was just waiting for Veronica. I was walking around the living room just thinking about what I said earlier. When I brought Betty up. What am I doing? How could I do this to her? I'm supposed to be undercover not dating the daughter of the criminals that we are trying to catch. I have a girlfriend who I have been with since high school. But, I've been so happy being with Veronica.

I was brought out of my thoughts by hearing Veronica's bedroom door open. I looked and saw her walking out of her room. She wore a black dress that hugged her body in all the right places. I just looked her up and down. She sighed a little.