Calls

Two Weeks Later
Jughead's POV

Veronica and I arrived back in New York a couple of days ago. We really didn't do much in Riverdale. I told her it was gonna be boring, but she still didn't think so. She said that she was happy to meet my dad and my sister. And she also said another one of her favorite parts was when we would spend days and late nights together. Sometimes I hate her. I do. But I have to admit, it was kind of fun being back in my home town. I'm just glad that Betty and Charles didn't know this time. Betty never called me either. JB still hasn't come up with something to help me help Veronica. She still tells me that I should just come clean. I can't do that. Not now. Not when we are two weeks away from getting her parents. But they'd want to take her too. I can't have that. If there is anything that could help Veronica it would be in her room probably, and I don't want to go snooping in there. It's not okay. Even for my line of work. I just wouldn't feel comfortable doing that at all.

We have about another two weeks before things go down. Every time I'm with her and her parents it just reminds me about what's gonna happen. I know when it does, I'm gonna have to make my way back to the Precinct, I'm gonna have to wear a wire, have a safe-word, and watch them arrest Veronica. And nobody will come for me. Only because they know me nobody told them to. Whether they "arrest" me or not, she's still gonna know that it was me. She'll figure it out when we have to go to court and everything. They are selling drugs and many other things. There are things that I probably don't even know about. Murder? Stealing? Fraud? Many, many other things. This is all so much, I don't even know what to do anymore.

I'm with Veronica right now who is pacing back and forth between the living room and the kitchen, half-naked, and on the phone with friends. I'm just sitting on the couch, waiting for her to come and notice me. We were talking until her phone rang and she had to take it. I still haven't gotten over how she just walks around half-naked. Even after been dating her for over a year and seeing this a lot I just haven't fully understood why.

It sounded like she was about to end the call and she started walking over to me. I sat up a little straighter. She smiled at me and bit her lip a little like she was thinking. I sighed a little. She was saying Bye and everything, then she hung up. She sat next to me and looked at me, smiling.

"What were we talking about again?" She asked. I opened my mouth to say something, but I was cut off by my phone going off. I smiled a little and grabbed it. I looked at her.

"It's my sister," I told her. She sighed a little. "I guess you ended your call at just the right moment." She punched my arm and I quickly answered the call and walked away from her.

"Yes, JB, what do you need?" I asked her. I have a feeling I know what she's gonna ask, but I'm not sure.

"Have you thought of anything yet?" She asked, as always.

"No, why?" I asked her, walking into my room and shutting the door.

"Well, I think I've thought of something," she said. I sighed.

"You really thought of something after I left town? Are you serious?" I asked her. She stayed quiet. "All right what is it? We better not have to leave to go anywhere again."

"Or you could just not show up," she said.

"What?" I questioned her.

"You just not show up to the meeting thingy," she said. "And if somebody asks, just tell them to start without you two and just never show up."

"Jellybean--" she cut me off there.

"OR! Or come up with some stupid and random excuse not to go. As you said, you could leave again. Even though you just came back from somewhere. Just don't tell her parents." I told my eyes. What is this child up to right now?"

"How would any of that work, JB?" I asked her.

"I'm not sure," she mumbled. I sighed a little. "Why don't I come to New York?"

"What? Why? No!" I told her.

"Why not? I would be able to help you out better." She said.

"You are not coming to New York. Just stay with dad in Riverdale and I'll handle what I started, okay?" I asked her. She stayed quiet. "Alright, I'll contact you with what happens in a few weeks," I said and hung up.

I walked out of my room to see Veronica gone. I sighed a little and sat on the couch. She might be in her room. I just waited for her. It felt like I had been waiting on her forever.

She just walked out of her room with clothes on and smiling. I sighed and got up, walking over to her.

"Sorry, baby, it was important," I told her. She nodded and just continued smiling a little.

"I know, was your sister having problems again?" She asked. She asks this knowingly.

"Uhh, yeah? Why?" I questioned. She just shook her head.

"Well, she's been calling and texting a lot lately. And you just always tell me she's dealing with something. Is it something she can't tell your dad or anybody else?" She asked. I sighed.

"Well, she just trusts me. I'm her brother. Besides, I tell her she needs to stop calling me so much." I do, but I'm talking to JB about one thing and telling Veronica another. She nodded.

"Okay," she said. "Well, I'm going out for a bit. I'll be back later." She said, walking towards the door.

"When will you be back?" I asked her. She looked back at me.

"I don't know. I'll be with friends," she said and left. I sighed and sat on the couch. I honestly feel like my sister is trying to tear me and Veronica apart, but at the same time trying to save our relationship.