Passionate

Jughead's POV

As the days go by I start thinking more and more about what is going to happen. How I might lose Veronica. Actually, I will lose Veronica. There's probably no escaping that. I woke up every morning with her in my arms and I thought, what if I told her? What if I did tell her everything? How would she react? It actually doesn't matter because I am not telling her. Whatever is happening in less than a month with happening, and if she hates me she hates me there is nothing I can do about that.

We were once again with my dad and Jellybean at the trailer. I'm still amazed at how far my dad has come since I saw him. JB too. And how she helped him because I wasn't here to. If I came back after those four years, even if it was for a few days, I wouldn't be in this position right now.

Ever since we got here Jellybean has been giving me weird looks. I know she's trying to help and everything, but there is nothing that she could do. If she wanted to help she'd have to talk to Betty or Charles. Neither of them would listen to her about how Veronica is innocent and her parents are the criminals. They just don't want to believe it I guess.

"Jug, can I talk to you for a second?" She asked. I sighed a d rolled my eyes. Why is she always needing to talk to me?

"Uhh, yeah, sure I guess," I mumbled and followed her outside. I guess to make sure that neither dad nor Veronica hears us. "What do you want?"

"I'm sorry, I just can't see you and Veronica in there holding hands and smiling without knowing how you are going to save her." She said.

"I guess me and you have the same problem," I told her. She rolled her eyes.

"Okay, what is one thing that made you believe she's innocent not just you two being together?" She asked.

"She told me when she first found out about her family's illegal business she was about Fourteen, I think. Her father asked if she wanted to be apart of it. Even though she mad, she didn't want to disappoint her father. Or her mother. So she agreed." I told her. "Should we really be having this conversation while she's inside?"

"How else are we supposed to talk? You're always with her. Or you're with me and dad." She said.

"Can you meet me at Pops at like nine-thirty tonight?" I asked her.

"Yeah, why?" She asked.

"Just meet me there. We can talk then. Other than that, stop trying to talk to me when Veronica is around." I told her. She nodded.

"Yes, sir." She said with a laugh. I rolled my eyes and we went back inside.

"What makes you two so long to talk about one thing?" Our dad asked.

"She's a bully, Dad, she's gotta get it all out when she needs to." We all laughed a little.

"Dad, I'm gonna go. Some friends and I are meeting up," JB said while texting somebody on her phone. Dad nodded and she left. Then, he got up.

"I have to be going too," he said.

"Are you going to be following JB?" I asked him.

"What no! Why would you think that?" He asked.

"Because you and I both know who she was texting just a few seconds ago," I said, a small smile on my face.

"Alright, fine. I am. But I've met that kid, I don't trust him." He said.

"Then, by all means, do what you want. Plus, if what she's doing is a stupid decision.  Compare it to what I did as a teen." I told him.

"No, thanks you'd beat her." He said and walked out of the door. Veronica and I looked at each other and laughed.

"I guess we better get going too," she said and started walking towards the door. But I stopped her.

"Why do we have to?" I asked her.

"Well, your dad and sister left. It would be kind of weird if we stayed here," she said. I shrugged. "Plus, it's getting kind of late."

"It's only seven," I told her with a small chuckle.

"But why would you want to stay?" She asked. I shrugged. Why would I want to stay? What is my reasoning?

"I don't know. It's probably just because I haven't been here in forever," I told her. She nodded and walked closer to me. "Okay, let's get going," she nodded and left.

As we walked inside it was quiet, as always. But this time it was oddly unsettling. I just don't know why. I looked at Veronica who was looking at her phone. I laughed a little when I noticed how focused she was. She looked at me.

"What? What is it?" She asked. I just shook my head. "No, what is it? Why are you laughing?"

"Because it was adorable to see how focused you were on whatever you were reading," I told her. She smiled even more and looked away.

"I hate you," she said. I slowly made her look at me again.

"Why? Is it because I know how to make you blush and smile like crazy?" I asked her.

"That's exactly why," she said and started walking up the stairs. I chuckled and followed her.

"Well, why is that a reason to hate me?" I asked her. She looked back at me.

"I- I don't know. Don't ask," she said. I smiled and chuckled again, grabbing her hand and pulling her up the stairs. I pushed her against the wall and kissed her passionately. I slowly pulled away and she just smiles. "What was that for?" She asked.

"I just wanted you to know, I love you with everything I have. I will never stop loving," I told her. I just had to tell her this. Hopefully, it would make her believe me later. She smiled even more.

"I love you too, you weirdo," she said, kissing my cheek. "I'm gonna go get around for bed," I nodded and she walked off. I watched her walk away. I don't want to let her go. I really don't. She means too much to me.