Together

Jughead's POV

We have left and are going back to the apartment. She made me drive since she drove there. The morning was mostly quiet. There was no reason for it, it just was quiet. And just like when we first got there, when we left, I took everything to the car. She was stubborn about that too. When we got back to the apartment, the same thing. She was stubborn.

"Just let me help, please!" She said as I continued to push her away.

"No, you're not helping!" I told her. She laughed little.

"But, more than half of these are my bags, Jug! I can bring them up myself." She said. I shook my head.

"I don't care if half of them are yours. I'll bring them up. Why don't you just go up to the apartment and open the door for when I bring everything up." I told her. She just stood there with her arms crossed. "Please, I love you." She sighed and walked past me.

"Yeah, I love you too." She muttered. I chuckled and started to grab our bags.

Once all of our bags were inside the apartment, we had to empty our bags. And Veronica started unpacking after me, she had more to unpack and somehow managed to finish doing all of that before me. She just walked into my room and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Nothing, I'm just bored. So, I decided I'll annoy you since you're the only one here." She said. I looked at her and chuckled.

"That's very nice," I said. She smiled.

"I know," she mumbled. It was quiet for a minute. "We have to deliver again tomorrow."

"There's the part you wanted to annoy me with," I said. She laughed a little.

"Yeah, and I told my dad to stop calling you at night. You need sleep to even drive around for the day." She said. I chuckled.

"Wasn't that what our little trip was for? To get me more sleep or rest or something?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Yes, why?" She asked and I looked at her.

"Because I'm pretty sure we stayed up all hours of the night a lot," I told her. She rolled her eyes and smiled. "It wasn't much help, but I did enjoy those nights."

"Oh, my God, Jughead! Shut up!" She said. I just laughed a little. I walked over to her and she looked up at me.

"You're beautiful, you know that? You're very beautiful and I love you." I said quietly. She smiled and looked down. I chuckled and put my hand under her chin, gently making her look at me again. I kissed her softly and she kissed back. I slowly pulled away.

"I love you too," she said.

Once I was done packing, we just laid in bed for a while. We didn't really want to do anything. Although we did just come back from the cabin and we spent a whole, technically, uninterrupted week and a half together, we wanted to spend more time together. Especially me.

Ever since Betty called, all I can think about is when we will have to arrest them. And this does include Veronica. In all honesty, I don't think she has done anything wrong. She was forced into her family's business. It would actually make her an accomplice to everything. But, as she told me, she was fourteen and didn't know what she was saying yes to. I mean, she did say that knew it was an illegal business, but she didn't want to say no to her parents. I understand that. But her story wouldn't change a thing. If I tried telling Betty and Charles that I don't think she is doing anything wrong, they would wonder why. Especially Betty. And when Betty called, I immediately knew something was up. What gave it away was that Charles was calling me, but it wasn't really him it was Betty. The moment I saw his name on my phone's screen I was a little confused. He never calls me, especially when I'm undercover. Betty, I guess, either doesn't understand the fact that she can't call me every day or she hates Veronica so much. But, why would she hate Veronica? She doesn't even know her. It kind of makes senses though. I'm dating Veronica behind her back. And I'm always saying that this wasn't supposed to happen, and it wasn't. I see why Betty is worried about it. I should have just did this how it was supposed to go. Stay, work for them, do everything I was trained and told to do. Then, do the arrests and go on with life. But, if they arrest Veronica I wouldn't be able to live with myself. It would ruin her life and then I would have to go back to Betty.

I was immediately brought of my thoughts by Veronica, who nudged me a little. I looked at her.

"What are you thinking about, Jug?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Nothing, baby," I said. She looked at me, disbelief covered her face.

"No, you were way too deep in thought. You wouldn't answer me when I said your name five minutes ago." She said. "What is it?" I sighed.

"I'm just thinking," I said. She waited. "What if it wasn't me that you chose?" I asked her.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"When we first met, in the therapy group. Out of all the people there, why did you pick me?" I asked her.

"Well, for one, daddy said he needed someone new to deliver the drugs he likes to call his moneymakers. Two, you were the youngest there. Plus, your whole story didn't make any sense and that intrigued me." She said. I chuckled and looked at her.

"My story intrigued you to choose?" I asked her. She smiled a little.

"Well, your handsome face did too. I guess I was intrigued by all of you." She said. "What about you? Why didn't you leave when you found out it was an illegal business. Weren't you scared of getting it? Are you scared of it?"

"Well, I guess I stayed because of you," I told her.

"What does that mean?" She asked.

"Well, I could never take my eyes off of you. You're beautiful. And I thought that if I didn't stay I would never be able to see you again." I told her. "And yeah, I was a little nervous at first, but now all I have to do is deliver the drugs, get the money and get back to your dad. There's no problem to it."

"Except that one time." She said.

"Oh, that was one time," I told her. "I can take of myself."

"Alright, but I'm still coming with you on every single delivery. Including the night ones." She said. I chuckled.

"You do what you want, but you are not coming to the night ones," I told her.

"Yes, I am. People are sketchier at night. You have to really know what you're doing, Jug." She said.

"Do you?" I asked.

"You did not just ask that." She said. "I'm coming to the night ones." She whispered in my ear. I chuckled and kissed her.

"Mhm, I love you," I said. She giggled a little.

"I love you,"