Blocked

Jughead's POV

I woke up on the couch, with Veronica in my arms. I smiled a little when I noticed she was still asleep. She is so adorable. I love her. Wait. What? It still comes to my mind that I'm undercover, and sometimes I just want to be undercover forever. I wouldn't have to leave Veronica and break this trust I have with her. Although, before last night, I had told Betty and Charles a few things about her that they didn't already know. All they know is that she is the daughter of criminals and she's just like them. But, she's not. From what I heard from her last night, she is more innocent than we realized. I just carefully pulled her closer to me. I don't want to let her go. Ever. But, she decided to wake up. She smiled a little and looked back at me.

"Hey," she said, tiredly. I just smiled at her a little. "How long have you been up?"

"I just woke up," I told her. "I was just looking at you. You were so adorable and looked peaceful." She smiled even more.

"Do you think we'll have to go to my parents today?" She asked. I shrugged.

"Maybe. I don't know. Did he say we had to?" I asked her. She shook her head and sighed, standing up.

"No, but he never said we were able to stay home." She complained. I chuckled, sitting up just watching her. She looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You're laughing."

"So?"

"I'm a little hungover which is why I don't want to go." She said. "Why did you let me drink so much last night?"

"I tried to cut you off many times you refused, walked off and when you came back you had another drink," I told her. She sighed.

"Why did you force me out and into the car?" She asked.

"Because you threatened to scream if I touched you," I said.

"Hm," she hummed. I gently grabbed her hand and pulled her back on the couch. She smiled at me. "What?"

"Nothing," I said. "You just look a little stressed right now."

"Because I don't want to work." She said, smiling.

"Well, we might have to," I told her. She didn't say anything. We just looked deep into each other's eyes. I slowly started to lean in and so did she, until our lips touched. It started slow and soft. She slowly moved on my lap, straddling me. The kiss got more passionate and heated. I felt her smile a little as her hand slowly traveled up my bare chest. I wanted so badly to take her shirt off, but I didn't know if I should. Just as I was about to we heard her phone go off. She slowly pulled away and sighed a little.

"I'm sorry," she said, getting up and grabbing her phone, answering whoever was calling her. I sighed. She walked back over to me.

"Who was it?" I asked her.

"My father," she sighed. "We're working today. And I'm not gonna be able to help you today." She said.

"Alright," I got up and walked to my room. I got dressed and grabbed my phone. I had no messages from Betty today. That's surprising. I should really just block her on this phone. I walked out of my room and found Veronica standing in the kitchen. My eyes widened when I saw her. "Umm, aren't you showing a little bit too much skin?" She looked at me, rolling her eyes.

"No, because I feel comfortable and myself in this outfit." She said. "I'm just gonna say you're wearing too much." She said as she walked towards the door. "Come on, let's go!" I slowly walked out, shutting the door. Did she really just say that?

As always, I had to be his little paperboy and deliver drugs, money and to telling people that they aren't able to get their money quite yet, which they never will get. For some reason, there were more drugs today. I thought they just ripped people off of their money, I didn't think there would be drugs involved. And even if I did think about that, I didn't think it would be this much.

At about five I had nothing else to do. He was with Veronica and her mom, and they were talking about something.

"Jughead," I looked over and saw Veronica. I quickly stood up. She smiled at me. "Come here," she said, bringing me back to where her parents were.

"What's happening?" I asked them. Veronica just kept her hand intertwined with mine and kept smiling.

"We think that since you and our daughter have been together for quite a while, and how much you have helped our family business grow within the past few months, that you deserve to know more about what is happening behind the scenes." Her father said. I nodded.

"Yeah, I just have one question first," I said.

"Go ahead," he said.

"How have there have been so many drugs lately?" I felt Veronica's hand tighten around mine. She was probably lying telling me I was doing something wrong, but I need as much information as I can get. "In the beginning, I never thought would have to deliver illegal drugs. I got used to doing that, but there's been more lately and it's making me a little nervous." I looked at Veronica, who had a small nervous look on her face.

"Nobody ever said the drugs were illegal. People have just been ordering more and sharing with friends." He said.

"But, selling any type of drugs on the streets is illegal," I said. I might be stepping a little bit too far over the line. I just want to get a good answer and reaction out of him.

"Jones, shut up!" Veronica whispered to me.

"It's fine, Mija. He's just being a little too curious is all. It's good that he wants to know more about all of this. But, we're done talking about this for the day." He said. "You may go." We started walking out and I knew Veronica was going to give me shit in the car. "Jones, wait a minute." I turned around. "I have one more thing I need you to deliver." I looked at Veronica, who nodded.

Veronica and I were now in the car together and she was just looking out of the window. I glanced over at her.

"Okay, it's bad enough that we have three bags of drugs in the back, but it's even worse when I have you mad at me," I said, she looked at me. "Why are you mad?"

"I'm not mad. I'm just thinking about how stupid you are! Did you really say that to my dad? He trusted you. He probably doesn't anymore." She said. I sighed.

"Okay, but why are you mad about it? I was just asking questioned. He even said it himself that I was just being curious." I told her. She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"He just doesn't want to get rid of you." She said.

"What do you mean, 'get rid of me'?" I asked her. I sighed quietly.

"He knows that we've been together for a while and he knows how happy I am, knowing I haven't been happy for a while. He doesn't want to mess that up and he doesn't want me to be mad at him. So he's keeping you around because he doesn't want to hurt me." She said softly and quietly.

"Well, I'm sorry I asked so many questions. I didn't know that's what is happening." I told her. She shook her head.

"It's fine. Let's just deliver these bags so we can get back to the apartment so I can sleep. It's getting late." She said. I nodded and that's exactly what we did.

We got back to the apartment at around nine. We had to go a long way, then go back to her parents, then get back to the apartment. She looked dead and tired. I chuckled and she looked at me.

"What?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Nothing, you just look really tired." She rolled her eyes and started to unlock the door. She sighed and opened the door. I
I walked in behind her.

I watched her walk to her room. I started walking to mine but stopped. I quickly walked over to her and kissed her before she got into her room. She slowly started kissing back. I slowly pulled away after a couple of seconds. She looked a little confused.

"I'm sorry, again," I said. She laughed a little and rolled her eyes.

"You're fine. Now I'm going to bed." She said walking to her room, shutting the door. I chuckled and walked to my room too.