Mr. Jones

A Few Days Later
Jughead's POV

For the past couple of days Veronica has been asking me when we are going to visit my dad. I tell it's not a good idea, but then she hits me with the, "but you promised we would" shit. She really does know how to get to me. I've decided that I'll do it today. I don't know why she wants to meet him, but if she wants to I will.

"Hey, Veronica, let's go," I said, walking down the stairs and saw her sitting in the sofa. She looked at me, a little confused look on her face.

"What? Where are we going?" She asked. I chuckled a little as she slowly stood up.

"You look like something bad is about to happen," I said, and she started walking over to me.

"Nothing bad is about to happen. We are just going out to eat," I told her. She still looked at me suspiciously.

"Okay, but I'm still not trusting you," she said.

"With what?" I asked her. She shrugged.

"I don't know," I sighed. "Let's go," she said.

We were sitting in a booth at Pops and I was trying to figure out what I would say to my dad when I see him. Veronica's also been giving me weird looks. She knows something is up but isn't saying anything. That's new. I looked at her.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked her.

"What are we doing here?" She asked. "Also, like you've told me to, I'm reminding you now never plan anything that's a surprise to me." I sighed.

"Well, when we leave there might be three of us that are getting a surprise," I told her.

"What does that mean?" She asked. I just looked at her. "Are we going to visit your father?"

"Maybe, I don't know yet. He might not even live here anymore," I told her. She just smiled.

"I'm sure he does. Besides, who would want to leave a quiet and small town? There wouldn't be a lot of drama." She said. I scoffed.

"You weren't here when we were in high school. Well, we've been here almost forty-five minutes. Do you want to go now?" I asked her. She smiled and nodded.

When we arrived in the trailer park on the Southside, I started to get nervous. I don't even know why. I guess it's because I haven't seen him since I left for college. Veronica grabbed my hand and I looked down at her. She smiled up at me. I smiled back then knocked on the door. It took a minute. We started to hear moving inside and I could only think the worst. He's still drunk. I sighed, knowing this was a bad idea. The door opened with my dad standing there. It shocked me to see him smiling, happy, and not drunk. He only started smiling when he saw me.

"Jughead, boy, what are you doing here?" He asked, pulling me into a hug. I smiled a little. I just couldn't believe it.

"I just came to town for a little while. Thought I might visit you." I told him.

"Well, I'm glad you did," he looked over at Veronica. I did too. She was smiling a little at me. "Now who is this?"

"This is my girlfriend, Veronica," I told him. He chuckled.

"Girlfriend?!" He asked. "What happened to Betty?" He looked at me again.

"That didn't work out so well," I told him. He nodded.

"Well, come in," he said and we walked inside. The place was clean. It was not like this when I left.

"You've really cleaned the place up," I said, looking around. Veronica had grabbed my hand again. I didn't mind though.

"Yeah, it was with the help of your sister. You went off to college and she was the only one here to help me. I didn't need to bother you while you were at school." He said. I nodded and looked at him. "So, what exactly happened with Betty, if you don't mind me asking?"

"She became too controlling and possessive," I told him. He nodded and chuckled again.

"I told you to watch out for those Cooper women. They will think they're everything." He said. I chuckled.

"Says the one who had a child with one," I said, rolling my eyes.

"That was a high school mistake," he said. We used to joke about it all the time.

"Wait, Jug, Betty is the girl I met when you were in the hospital, right?" Veronica asked. I sighed and nodded I forgot about that.

"Yes, she is. I didn't know how to tell you then," I said.

"That's why she seemed so obsessed with you. But, wait, that doesn't make sense. With Betty and Charles," she said. I looked at my dad who chuckled.

"Betty's mom and I were teenagers once, Veronica. The story is a little self-explanatory from there." My dad said before I could say something. She nodded and we all started talking. Well, really it was me and my dad.

As time went on the door to the trailer opened. We all looked over and saw my sister walking through the door.

"Hey, dad, sorry I'm la--" she stopped when she saw me. I could tell if she was happy, sad, or angry. I stood up. She just ran out. I sighed and Veronica stood up too.

"I guess this is what I get for abandoning her six years ago," I muttered.

"I'll go talk to her," Veronica said.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" I asked her. She shrugged.

"I don't know, but let me try, please?" She asked and I nodded.

Veronica's POV

I quickly followed after Jughead's sister. It's kind of funny how I didn't know any of this about his family. All I knew were what seemed to be the bad parts. It doesn't seem to be so bad actually.

I found myself sitting on the ground, leaning against a building. I walked over to her and sat next to her. She looked at me.

"What do you want?" She asked, looking away. I sighed a little.

"You're Jughead's little sister. Am I correct?" I asked her.

"Yeah, so?" She asked.

"I can understand why you ran out of there," I said. She looked at me again.

"You do?" She asked, unconvincingly. I nodded.

"Yeah, you haven't seen your brother in what seems like forever. No calls. No texts. Nothing. It felt like he abandoned you here all alone, right?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Yeah, and it hurt. I was ten!" She said.

"Yeah, well, he's here now. We're only going to be here for another few weeks. Maybe you two could make amends?" I asked her. She smiled a little.

"I guess so," she said. I quickly got up and helped her up. "Who are you anyway?"

"I am Veronica, your brother's girlfriend," I told her.

"I'm Jellybean, his 15-year-old sister," she mimicked me. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"You differently are. You act just like him," I said. We both smiled. We walked back to the trailer and we all sat down to talk again. I'm happy I finally got to met a little part of his family. I'm not sure what he was so scared of. I'm pretty sure my family is worse.