Moving

Jughead's POV

I woke up alone. I just laid there and remembered what happened last night. Between me and Veronica. How we were so close to kissing. Oh God, I with She had done it. Why didn't she?

I slowly got up and walked out of the room. I saw Veronica leaning against the wall and on her phone. She was only in two items of clothing. Her bra and underwear, and like everything she wears they're black too. She smiled at me. I gave her a small smile back. I leaned over the counter and out of the corner of my eye I could still see her. I looked over just a little and just looked her up and down once again. I heard her say something about meeting someone somewhere tonight. I looked away for a second but looked back at her. Who? Am I going? She ended the call and looked at me.

"Again Jones, my eyes are up here!" She said, walking over to me. I quickly looked away.

"Who were you on the phone with?" I asked her. She just smiled and shook her head.

"Just someone. I'll be leaving soon. This is the only time you're going to be here by yourself. It's something I have to do alone." She said. I nodded.

"How long will you be gone?" I asked her. She looked down a little but looked at me again.

"I'll only be gone a few hours. I will maybe come back late. Do not leave this apartment." She said, demandingly. I nodded.

"Well, I have work," I told her. She rolled her eyes.

"Just call in sick," She said and started walking back to her room. I just watched her.

I just waited for her to walk back out. It felt like forever, but it was about thirty minutes to an hour that I just waited. Why did she have to take so long? She walked back out with a smile on her face. She came and stood very close to me.

"I'm gonna go now. I'll be back later." She said. I nodded and just looked down at her. I had the urge to just grab her and kiss her. I don't know why I just do. She then walked off and left. I sighed a little.

There is something about her that I just don't understand. She's getting to me in a way. I know I'm supposed to be here undercover, but each day I spend with her I get more and more lost in my head. I sometimes don't remember what I'm doing. But right now, I need to call Charles and tell him what happened yesterday. I went into the room and grabbed the phone. I text from Betty asking where I was and what happened. I sighed and ignored them, calling Charles. He answered.

"Forsythe, where are you? What happened yesterday?" He asked immediately. I sighed.

"Well, she took me to meet someone. It was her parents." I told him.

"Wait, what?" He asked. I knew I was probably on speaker so I wasn't going to say everything since Betty was maybe listening.

"Yeah, I'm not gonna be able to come down to the precinct a lot anymore," I said.

"Why?" Betty asked. Yup like I said, Betty was listening.

"Because they're making me stay with Veronica for a while. I don't know how long, but she left not too long ago."

"Wait, if you're staying with her, where are you sleeping?" Betty asked. I knew what she meant.

"In a guest bedroom," I told her. I sighed with relief. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, what are you doing now?" Charles asked.

"Kind of just walking around. Trying to see if I could find anything out of the ordinary. It seems clear here."