Realization

Jughead's POV

I woke with someone in my arms. It took me a second to realize it was Veronica. Did we fall asleep yesterday? I looked at her and she was asleep. I smiled a little. Just a little. I didn't mean to I just realized how adorable she is. Especially when she's sleeping. I didn't move because I didn't want to wake her up and I didn't want to leave her, but I slowly got up anyways. She stirred a little, but thankfully she didn't wake up. I quietly walked out of the room, when my phone started ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw Betty's face. I sighed and answered reluctantly.

"Betty," I said.

"Hi, Jug. Has anything new come up. And before you ask why I'm calling, Charles would've, but he got caught up in something." She said. I'm not sure if I believe that.

"Umm, no, not a lot. I literally do the same thing every day. Not much of a difference any day."

"Jughead?" I turned and saw Veronica. I quickly ended the call. "Who was that?"

"Nobody, just someone from work," I told her. She smiled.

"Which one?" She asked. I smiled a little too.

"The one before this one," I said. She went and sat on the couch.

"I'm sorry I came into your room last night. I shouldn't have disturbed you. And then falling asleep. Oh, my God." She muttered. I shook my head and went to sit next to her.

"No, it's fine. You were not disturbing me at all. And I fell asleep too." I told her. She laughed a little. "But, can I ask exactly why you came into my room last night? What upset you?" She sighed a little.

"Uhm, nothing important. It was nothing." She said. I gave her a worried look. She smiled. "Jug, I'm fine! I promise."

"I just want to make sure. I got a little worried last night." I told her.

"Well, you don't need to be worried." She said. "Wait, I have to spend the whole day with you don't I?" I smiled and nodded.

"Yes, you do," I said.

"What are we doing today then?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know. I don't have any plans for today. I just knew I had to be with you all day." I told her. She stood up.

"Well, I'm going to get around. I'll be right back." She walked to her room, and I went to mine. I waited in my room until she knocked almost an hour later. I got up and opened to door. She smiled at me. I looked her up and down and then in her eyes.

"Where are you going dressed like that? Do you have a date I don't know about?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes.

"The only dates I'll be having any time soon are late dinners with you. If you'd ever take me." She laughed a little. I chuckled and followed her to the door.

"So where exactly are you going?" I asked her. She smiled at me.

"You should be asking where exactly are we going because you're coming with." She said. I started complaining like a child.

"Do I have to?" I asked her.

"Yes, you have to. You're the only person I'm able to be impressing right now." She said. I followed her out.

"Why would I have to be the one you're impressing?" I asked her.

"Because I don't get into relationships, nor do I let anybody tell me what to do." She said. I nodded.

"But you still told your parents we're together?" I asked her. She smiled a little at me.

"They don't know about my personal life. Whatever I tell them, they believe so you can just go with it." She said.

"Okay,"

We kind of just walked around all day. We stopped to eat. She stopped to go shopping and somethings like that. But to "mostly look around" as she liked to say. And also, "I'll have daddy get it for me". Oh, my God. Is this how she's been her whole life? So dependent on daddy?

We stopped to get something to eat, and we were just talking and she started laughing. I'm confused. Why the hell is she laughing?

"What?" I asked her. She just kept her little giggles going. I smiled a little. "What?"

"Nothing. I just thought of something." She said. I sighed and rolled my eyes, still smiling myself. "We should head back. I'm tired."

"It's only one," I told her. She nodded and smiled.

"Do I have to walk all day long? Is that why I'm trying to impress you?" She asked. I chuckled.

"Still, you're not impressing me," I told her.

"Because I'm not wanting to." She said. I scoffed a little.

"That's not what you said this morning," I said as we started heading back. She rolled her eyes.

"No, what I said this morning as you are the only guy I'm able to even try to impress because you're the only one in my life right now. And I don't even know how long." She said. I just looked at her for a second.

"Admit it. You're trying to impress me and denying that you are." I said. She looked at me.

"I am not!" She pushed me, with a small laugh.

"Okay, don't push me into the street. I don't want to die at 23." I told her.

"Are you mimicking me?" She asked. I chuckled.

"What? No, not all." I said sarcastically.

"Don't test me. I will push you into the street. Don't think I'm afraid to do it." She said. I rolled my eyes.

"You wouldn't," I said. She sighed and looked up at me.

"I would, but if you died daddy would kill me." She asked. I chuckled.

"What a lame excuse," I said.

"Let's just get back before I actually pushed your annoying ass into the street. I'm glad it's full of cars." She said.

"Rude," I scoffed. She just laughed. I just looked at her. I'm the reason she's laughing. I smiled a little. I think I like her.