Change

Tuesdays Morning 7 AM
Veronica's POV

I walked into daddy's office once again, but he wasn't in there. Ugh! He's really making me look for him today? Is he even here? I sighed and walked out of his office, and the moment I did I saw him and my mother.

"Mija, have some news I hope." He said. I nodded and smiled.

"Yes, I do. I'm pretty sure I have someone you'll want to be apart of this business. I trust him. I know you two can too. And with any luck, he'll be willing to help us." I told them. "I basically have him wrapped around my little finger already."

"I want to meet him before we make any finale decisions." He said. I nodded.

"I'll see when he has free a day. I also have one thing I want to do before that." I said.

"And that is?" My mom asked. I shook my head.

"I'm going to try it before I say anything. Just to see how he'll react and what he'll do." I told them. They both nodded.

"Come with us, Mija. There is something new that we have come up with, and I think you might like it." Daddy said. I nodded and followed them.

Jughead's POV

"Wake up, Forsythe!" I opened my eyes and looked up. I immediately saw Charles. I sighed and sat up a bit.

"What time is it?" I asked him, my eyes adjusting to the light filling the room.

"It's eight AM. What time did you fall asleep last night?" He asked. I shrugged and stood up.

"I don't know. I came back here after my little date and I guess I fell asleep." I told him. He gave me this weird look. "What?"

"Did you say date?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, I didn't mean it like that. That's what she called it." I looked at the phone and sighed. "She texted me at three o'clock in the morning. What would she need at three o'clock? Doesn't she sleep?"

"Apparently not," he said. I just put the phone down. "Another group therapy meeting tonight?"

"Yeah, at seven, like always," I said.

"Did she say anything good on your "date" last night?" He asked. I sighed and sat down again.

"Uhh, not really. But again, something about her trusting me and pretty sure that someone else can too." I told him. He looked at me.

"Do you think it could be her father?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Could be I don't know," I said. "I try and figure it out tonight after the group. That is if she wants me to come over."

"She most likely will," we both looked over and saw Betty. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "She's asked you to come over the last two days, you two go on a date together that she plans--"

"Betty, it wasn't a date. Even if she said it was." Wait. She looked at me weirdly.

"She said what?" She asked.

"Nothing, it doesn't matter. Betty, this is what happens when we do something like this. We have to play along. You know that just as much as I do." I said. She nodded.

"I know," she said. Charles sighed. I looked over at him.

"Go home." He said. I nodded and left. Betty stayed. When I got home, I took a shower and relaxed for a bit. Until seven.

Veronica was there before me. I got there at around 6:55. I walked over to her and she smiled at me. I didn't say anything. I wasn't going to. It was quiet between us until it was seven.

Today, it was all talk about how we could recover and help each other while in this room. This is so boring. Sitting in this room makes me wish that Betty was the one who went undercover. But, Veronica probably wouldn't be picking her then.

Once it was nine o'clock, everybody got up. Veronica looked at me and immediately went to go talk with the therapist in the corner of the room. I just walked around a little, waiting for her to be done. When they were done talking, the therapist walked away. Veronica walked over to me with a paper in her hand.

"What's that?" I asked her. She smiled and looked at it.

"I'm changing what days I come in. My parents think I need extra rehab therapy so they made me move from Tuesdays and Thursdays to Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays. They're just trying to take more time out of my nights." She said. "This is going to be so boring. It's already stupid. I just want to go back out again, but my father won't let me. He kind monitors where I'm at sometimes." I nodded.

"I'm sorry," I said. She shook her head and folded the paper, throwing it in the trash.

"It doesn't matter. I probably won't even show up half of the time anyway." She said. "Well, I'm gonna go. Do you want to come with me? Maybe finish what we were talking about yesterday?" I chuckled a little as she leaned closer to me.

"I would. Just give me a minute. I'll meet you over there in a few minutes." I said. She nodded and left. I watched her walk out. I quickly grabbed the piece of paper She threw away. It was just the days and times written down about when she should come in. It was exactly what she told me Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at the same times it is now. I chuckled, putting the paperback in the trash and leaving. Once I got outside, I called Charles. He answered.

"Anything new?" He immediately asked.

"She's changing her days on when she comes to therapy. It's Monday, Wednesday, and Friday." I told him.

"Okay, have you changed your days too?"

"I think that's what she's wanting me to do. To see how loyal I am to her or something. To see if I'm obsessed, maybe."

"Well, it doesn't matter which it is. Talk to her more about and do that same thing. Where is she now?"

"In her apartment. I told her I'd be there in a minute." I said and hung up. I walked straight to her apartment. I knocked and she opened the door, smiling up at me.

"You took longer than I expected." She said. I nodded.

"Yeah, I had to make a quick call on the way over here," I said as she let me it. She just smiled.

"Yeah?" She said.

"Hey, when are you starting your new dates and times?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes.

"Sadly, next week. The times are the same though. Why?" She asked, with a small smile. I shook my head.

"No reason. Just curious is all." I said. She went and sat on the couch.

"I want to talk to you about something." She said. I nodded, walking over to her. "Please sit." She said. I did.

"What about?" I asked her. She looked me dead in the eyes.

"I want to know I can trust you, Jughead." She said. I nodded.

"You can trust me," I told her.

"Good. When are you free?" She asked.

"Uhh, I get off work at six every day. And I'm free on the weekends. Why?" I asked her. She smiled.

"Because I have someone for you to meet. You can come with me Thursday I guess. Right after the "group therapy" we'll come here. I'll make a call and we'll go." She said. I nodded and she stood up. I did too.

"Well, what is it we're doing?" I asked her. She looked back at me.

"Business. You can let yourself out if you want. Unless you want to stay, you can." She said still walking to her room. I shook my head.

"Not tonight. Maybe another night." I said and left. I went to the precinct to write this down. Just so I can look back on in after we arrest them. I've been doing this since I went undercover last Tuesday.