Remember

Jughead's POV

I arrived at Pops a little late. I noticed Jellybean was already here and waiting for me. I went and sat across from her. She sighed.

"Finally you're here!" She said annoyed.

"I'm sorry. I got caught up in a few things," I told her. She smiled a little.

"Do you mean Veronica?" She asked. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"What? No!" I said.

"Mhmm, sure." She mumbled. I rolled my eyes. "Okay, why did you want to meet here?"

"Well, you wanted to know more about how I'm going to get Veronica out of this mess," I told her.

"Well, I asked because you clearly have no ideas how you're going to save her." She said. I sighed.

"No, I don't. Is it that obvious?" I asked her.

"Lose the attitude," she said. It was quiet for a minute. "Why don't you just tell her?"

"What?" I asked, looking back at her.

"Just tell Veronica that you're undercover." She said.

"Are you crazy, JB? Do you know how that would end? She would leave me, she would also tell her dad, who might kill me, then they go and probably find Betty and Charles." I told her. She scoffed.

"Do you really love her, Jughead?" She asked me, again.

"Of course I love her. You've asked this before," I said. She nodded.

"I know I have, but you just seem like you're scared--" I stopped her there.

"I am scared. I'm scared of losing, Veronica. And I know that when I'm not undercover that I'm supposed to be with Betty. But, it doesn't matter where I go or who I'm with the only person I think about is Veronica. So yes, I am scared!" I said. She sighed.

"Okay," she said. "I think you should go home and get some sleep. get your mind off of a few things. Don't worry about Betty. I didn't like her anyway. Just focus on Veronica, please. I see that you love her. Just go be with her. I'll come up with something, it shouldn't be that hard." She said. I sighed and nodded.

"Alright," I mumbled. "Do you need me to give you a ride home?"

"No, I'm gonna stay here for a little while," she said. I nodded and left.

As I walked into the house, it was quiet and dark. Veronica was asleep when I left. I waited for her to fall asleep before I left. I slowly walked up the stairs, trying to be as quiet as possible. I walked to the room and she was still laying on the bed. I thought it was adorable seeing her cuddled up to the blankets and wearing one of my shirts. Maybe Jellybean's right. I should just come clean to her. Hopefully, she'll understand. She might think I'm lying and leave me. I don't want that. I don't want her gone and out of my life forever. I love her. I sighed and just walked into the room. I took off my shirt and pants and climbed into bed next to her. She quickly cuddled into my side.

"Where were you?" She asked as I wrapped my arms around her. I sighed, not really wanting to answer her.

"Jellybean texted not too long after you fell asleep wanting to talk. So I met with her at Pops for a little while." I told her. She nodded.

"Oh," she said. "What about?"

"Just a few little problems she's having," I told her. I sighed a little.

"I bet whatever it was you did a good job of helping her," she reassured me.

"Maybe. I'm still not sure that she's fully forgiven me for leaving and not contacting me for six years," I told her. She sighed and looked up at me.

"Well, she has a good reason," she said. "But I'm sure she's just fine. Processing a little bit for feeling abandoned by her older brother, but she loves you. She's just happy you're back," she said. I looked at her and laughed a little.

"Was that supposed to make me feel better?  I asked her. She laughed too.

"I'm not sure. I'm really tired right now," she said. I chuckled.

"You're adorable," I said.

"Stop!" She said, laughing and hiding her face in my chest. I chuckled again. I pulled her closer so she was laying on top of me really.

"Veronica," I said. She sat up with her legs on either side of me, looking down at me and smiling a little.

"Hmm?" She hummed.

"Please remember I love you. I'm never gonna stop loving you. No matter what. I want to be with you for as long as possible. I hope forever. And we've been together for almost a year and a half. I just..." I took a second. "I just want you to know, I love you, Ronnie."

"Jug, where is this coming from? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love you, too. But you make it sound so... sad and depressing." She said.

"I know, I just want you to know how much I love you and how I won't ever stop," I told her. She smiled and leaned down to kiss me. I kissed her back. It was passionate and loving. I had my arms around and I didn't want to let her go.

We didn't pull away until we needed air. She slowly pulled away and she smiled at me. Her face still really close to mine. Her soft, small hands on both sides of my face, her smiling down at me and she is here in front of me made me fall for her even more. If that's even possible. Every time I see her, I fall in love all over again. She has an effect on me that I can't explain.

"I love you too, Jug. I'm not gonna stop loving you. No matter what. Nothing is tearing us apart," she said. "Not even if Betty tries." I smiled again and kissed her again. She smiled into the kiss.

We made out for a little while longer and then went to bed. Well, she did. I stayed up for a while just thinking about what I'm gonna do after everything goes down. Jellybean is right. I need to stop thinking so much and just be with Veronica for as much longer as I can. Which isn't gonna be very long.