Clingy

Jughead's POV

Jellybean's been in New York for a couple of days now. No, she does not live with me and Veronica in the apartment. Since Veronica's family owns the building She took her to a nearby vacant room and she's staying there. And if she needs anything we are here.

She's constantly trying to get to go into Veronica's room. I still don't feel comfortable with that. I tell her that and She just asks why. I tell her I don't know, but I actually have real reasons. I don't want to come home while we are in there. I'm scared of what we are going to find. I'm scared of what we might not find. And I don't want to lose her trust. She probably wouldn't know that we were in there, but if she does it would ruin that trust. Well, it doesn't matter. The days till Betty and Charles come and take them down, I can literally count those days on one hand.

Right now I'm with Veronica, cuddled up in bed. I noticed her smiling a little. I'm just waiting for her to say something.

"Jug, do you know what sounds great?" She asked, her head still just laying on my chest.

"What sounds great, baby?" I asked her.

"If, maybe, we could just get away from my father. We could move out of New York, maybe move to Riverdale." She said.

"Why would you want that?" I asked her.

"Because one, we could see your sister and your dad more. Two, we would be able to live a quieter life and away from my parents." She said. I looked at her.

"You make it sound like you don't want to see your parents again," I said. She shook her head and propped herself on her elbow, looking at me.

"No, that's not what I'm saying. But I think that it would probably be easier to raise kids in a smaller town than in a big city. You would be able to say, right?" She asked. I have her a weird look.

"Easier to raise kids?" I questioned her. She slowly nodded.

"I mean, yeah. Is that not what you would want?" She asked me, her voice a little softer than it was before.

"No, no, it's exactly what I would want. It just surprised me because I never thought someone would say something like that to me." I told her. She laughed a little and straddled me.

"Well, I just did. And I don't care what don't want to do and I don't care what you want to do because no matter what, I will always be by your side." She said. I gave her the strongest smile I could. Not much longer, baby. That's when her phone went off. She gave me a small kiss and rolled off of me to grab her phone. "Oh, it's JB. I need to go help her with something." I nodded and she got her clothes on and left.

At about noon, Veronica, JB, and I all left for lunch together. This has been just me thinking about what's happening only three days from now. I hate how I have to go to the precinct early in the morning just so I could get set up. This is all while Veronica and I are playing footsie under the table. Until JB said something.

"Oh, my God! Will you two stop? You two are like the annoyingly clingy couple in highschool. You never go anywhere without the other. Plus, you're kicking me." She said. Veronica and I smiled at each other. I waited a second then purposely kicked her again. She looked up at me, glaring at me. "Jughead, I swear--"

"You are not doing anything to him," Veronica interrupted her. "I can only imagine what you're capable of. I don't need to mess up his pretty face."

"JB, I've already been shot. I don't need you messing anything else up," I told her.

"You've been shot? By who?" She asked.

"I don't know," I told her. She sighed and shook her head. I knew what she was thinking.

Veronica and I also haven't been doing a lot of deliveries lately. Well, I haven't been called in yet. We came in after we came back from Riverdale and for a few days, he just sent us away. So we stopped going and he never called us to tell us we needed to come back. So now we are also confused about if we should go to the meeting thingy.

"Hey, Jug," Veronica said. I looked at her again. "I'm gonna go to my parents later and ask if we still need to show up for..." she trailed off and looked at JB. "Well, you know," I nodded.

"Okay, that's fine," I said. I looked at JB and she looked at me. I shook my head and she rolled her eyes.

It was about six when she left. I don't know why she left so late, but she did. She never told me when she might be getting back. Okay, yes, I might be taking a few ideas from my sister. But Veronica is only going to her parents' she's not gonna be gone very long. So I'm just gonna sit here and think. That was until there was a knock at the door. I bet it's Jellybean.

I got up and walked to the door. I swear if this girl is here to say we should search her room, I'm gonna kill her. I opened the door and there She was.

"No," I quickly said.

"Really?" She asked.

"We are not doing that, JB. I can't lose her trust if she finds out we did this." I said and let her in. I heard her sigh.

"Jughead, you are already going to lose her trust in three days. Plus we are doing this so you can save her." She said, walking towards her room.

"What's the point in saving her?" She stopped and turned to look at me.

"What?"

"What's the point? Even if there is something behind that door. She's still gonna hate even if I save her. When she finds out that I'm undercover just to get her family, she's gonna think I'm the monster that ruined her life. Because I am." I told her. She sighed and looked down.

"Jug, I get you're worried about your relationship, but what if that doesn't happen? I've seen the way she looks at you, she loves you, Jughead! Even when someone hurts you it's hard to stop loving them. And who knows if she'll actually hate you. She might think you just saved her from her family." She said. I sighed and just stood there for a second, taking in her words. She was right, I don't know what will happen. All I'm thinking about is the bad things. Not the good. It's probably because nothing good really happened in my life. I sighed again and looked at her, but before I could say anything the door opened. I looked over and saw Veronica. She smiled at me and then she saw Jellybean.

"Oh, what are you doing over here?" She asked her.

"I just came to ask Jughead something," she said. Veronica nodded and looked at me.

"Yeah, we are going," she whispered.

"I'm gonna go," JB said and left.

"What was she asking you about?" She asked and went to sit on the couch. I followed.

"Well, really it was just to tell me that dad is gonna need her back in Riverdale soon, and she asked me when I should go," I told her.

"Why would she ask you that?"

"Because she thinks I need help. And don't ask why I have no clue." I told her.

"Well, you do kind of need help," she said.

"Excuse you! With what do I need help with?" I asked her.

"Nothing. Nothing at all." She said, with a smile on her face and looking away from me. I gently made her look at me again, smirking a little. She was still smiling.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"It's just your people skill. And especially with me," she said. I cuddled and rolled my eyes.

"In my heart, I am still that highschool loner, Veronica," I said. She giggled a little and straddled me again. She kissed a little then pulled away.

"I wish I knew you then," she said.

"No, you don't. Trust me," I said, pulling her body a little closer to mine. She just smiled and kissed again. All I'm gonna say is that we went to the bedroom again.