50. Offer Accepted

Levi knew he didn't have a lot of time, seeing as his squad would be expecting him atop the Wall rather soon, but it wasn't like he needed very long to - putting it softly - get his point across. 

(y/n) and Mikasa were already on the Wall with Dimo Reeves, watching the rest of their squad handing over Reeves' men to the Garrison. (y/n) didn't expect them to receive very harsh punishments, especially if Erwin needed some of Reeves' men along with Dimo himself. 

He was sitting on the edge of the Wall, looking over Trost. Mikasa stood close to him, just in case he made the foolish decision to try and make a run for it. (y/n) was on the other side of the edge of the Wall a few feet away, her facing the low hanging sun, enjoying its warmth atop the high, chilly Wall. (y/n) heard Dimo speak to Mikasa behind her. 

"So... What do you all want me from me now, huh?" he asked casually, perhaps a little frightened even.

Mikasa didn't answer.

"Did... Did my men treat the hostages alright?" He asked softly, hopefully, as if knowing the answer and knowing it wouldn't help his case. Mikasa responded this time.

"No, they didn't. I really hope for you, that wasn't under your orders." she spoke coldly. She remembered how Levi sounded after he saw (y/n) in their clutches. Subconsciously, she wondered briefly about why Levi was so very deeply agitated by it, enough to want to 'chat' to Greg alone. The obvious reason would be that he cared for (y/n), but Mikasa was hardly going to let this suspicion make an impact on her or (y/n)'s life. She wasn't a gossiper, nor a meddler when it came to other people's personal business (apart from Eren's). 

"No, of course not!" Dimo spoke, sounding convincingly genuine. "I was following strict orders myself as well... I wouldn't wish harm upon those kids if I could help it." 

Mikasa had gone back to her silence.

The rest of the squad joined the Wall after having dealt with Reeves' men. Connie came to stand by (y/n).

"Is the Captain not back yet? Why'd he want to speak with that Greg guy anyway?" asked Connie, who had not picked up on the assault. "Does the Captain know him or something?"

 "Uhmm, I'm not sure, actually... But I think he'll be back soo-, or now." she spoke after seeing Levi land on the Wall, having put his ODMGear back on. 

"Cap-" Sasha began, but he cut her off by holding up his hand to her behind Reeves. He nudged his head to the back of the Wall, telling them to give him and Reeves some space. 

He came to stand beside Dimo, looking over Trost as he did. 

"Why did you bring me here?" Dimo asked gruffly. 

"Do you know what this place is, Reeves?"

"This is my town. We're atop the front gate of Trost. It's also the Southern foremost line of humanity,... The border between this and that world." He uttered, referring to the human and the titan world. "A scary place, but I do good business."

Levi took a moment to reply. 

"We call it 'the place where men won over the titans for the first time'. But at the same time, it's a place that proves humanities' helplessness. You see, we used a titan to close up the hole made by a titan. We tried many ways, but in the end we realized that humans just couldn't compete." He took a short moment, before speaking again with a slight bitterness to his tone; "Well, of course we didn't close it with only the power of a titan. Many soldiers lost their lives to achieve it. That, and all other miracles that happened allowed your town to just barely survive." Levi continued, whilst Dimo had lit himself a cigarette. "A few of those miracles were (y/n) and Eren. Both of whom you tried to take away this afternoon."