32. Welcome Home

She fell asleep, only subtly leaning against Levi, not wanting to let the others know they were a thing. Except for Eren, of course, since he already knew.

After a bump in the road and a frighteningly realistic nightmare (y/n) awoke again, her heart beating fast and her hands clammy.

As her heart beat slowed down, she scowled, knowing she wouldn't be able to fall asleep again soon.

"What's on your mind, brat?" she suddenly heard from beside her. His low voice didn't wake the others.

"Holycrap you're awake? You startled me.." she whispered. He chuckled.

"How can I not wake up when you're squeezing the blood out of my arm in your sleep?"

"Oh... Sorry I didn't know." she mumbled as she let go of his arm and sat up straight. Levi rolled his eyes and put his arm around her, pulling her back to him. "I didn't mean let go of me completely." he muttered lowly. He moved his hand that was around her from shoulder to her waist, pulling her even closer to him. He could tell she was cold, and even he had to admit the breeze was chilly. His strong hand around her waist warmed her up from the inside as she snuggled closer to him.

"How late do you think it is?" she asked him.

"I'd say about 2 or 3am."

"So all of them are asleep huh...?" she thought aloud. They all seemed asleep enough. She put her hand to his cheek and turned Levi's face to her. Before he could ask what she wanted she initiated a kiss, which he didn't think twice to reciprocate. Her cold lips met with his warm ones, giving both of them an interesting sensation. (y/n) didn't have much experience in kissing, she'd only kissed Levi a handful of times and Jean twice (one of those times being extremely drunk), but she grew more and more confident after each time she kissed him. Their lips parted and yet again a surge of excitement flew over (y/n) as their tongues connected. It was still a calm, sweet kiss, since obviously they could hardly let it become extremely passionate in a cart with 5 other people. But, also because there was another thought behind the kiss for (y/n), and Levi noticed something was off. He noticed she was gripping his coat extremely tightly, and as he stopped the kiss abruptly he noticed her eyebrows looked almost pleading.

"(y/n), what's with you? You seem all worried." he muttered, his voice slightly sympathetic but his face stoic. She looked at his face, and saw there was no use of trying to lie now. She slouched and looked away.

"...Well, I woke up just now because of a dream, but the dream felt really... ominous.. like, it was going to become real."

"Seeing the future in a dream is bullshit, (y/n). And you know it." he spoke skeptically. She nodded half-heartedly.

He sighed and got comfortable, throwing his arm around her shoulder once again. His right hand casually lied on the top of her chest. His thumb softly traced up and down mindlessly.

"Tell me what you dreamt." he spoke as he stared forwards.

"Well, I'll keep the details to myself.. but it was a few weeks from now, and we got separated, because you had a different mission to do, or something like that... But then later, a messenger came to me and my friends and he-, well, he said that you had died somehow. By a titan or by someone else, we didn't even know. We got separated, you died, and we never even said goodbye?! I just, I felt so upset, I didn't know-" she went on until Levi put his hand over her mouth.

"Your high-pitched squeaky voice will wake the others up, so don't talk, just listen." he said to her, meeting her eyes.

"I'm not going to die. We're not going to get separated. And if somehow we do, I expect that we will see each other again, alive and well. Now... I don't have as many aspirations as you do... I've spent the majority of my life just wishing to live on the surface, and now here I am. You, however, have a whole list of things you want to do, and I'll be at your side, doing them with you. Okay, you whiny brat?" he muttered. He took his hand off her lips, and as soon as he did, she launched her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.