39. Report

"Wait, wait, wait..." Jean began after Connie's explanation with wide eyes. "So.. All titans we've ever encountered, all titans we've ever killed... They all started out as just, regular humans?"

"Yes... exactly." Connie confirmed. "When the captain found out.. He was-, well he seemed pretty upset...for his standards..." he added.

"Well, I get that... Captain Levi has killed more titans than maybe the whole remaining scouting regiment combined... Having all those deaths suddenly be turned into human deaths... more or less..." Sasha rambled softly. (y/n) swallowed hard as she listened to Sasha and Connie. She knew something was off about Levi when he arrived.

"So weird to think that every titan in the world right now used to be a human..." Eren spoke worriedly.

Unless... there are still humans outside the walls... turning into new titans as we keep trying to fight them... Armin thought. But that wouldn't really be possible... They would already have been eaten.. right? Armin pondered silently.

"...We should finish cleaning." Mikasa spoke up after an eerie silence. The others were pulled out of their trance, and nodded faintly.

Connie and (y/n) were doing the dishes while the others were busying themselves with either drying said dishes, sweeping, scrubbing, or anything else Eren came up with. Eren really did his best to get everything up to Levi's standard. (y/n) thought it was kind of cute.

"Hey, Connie.. How is Erwin doing? He-, he's lost his right arm and all..." (y/n) asked silently.

"Oh, the Commander?" he asked lively, "That man is positively crazy." he added, seemingly still baffled.

"Wait, what? Crazy? Is he okay? He hasn't given up has he?!" (y/n) asked worriedly, looking Connie straight in his big eyes.

"Wh-? No, the opposite! The man freaking smiled when Hanji was telling her bit about the titans... Seriously, he gets happy with any type or revelation, no matter how disturbing. No need to worry, (y/n). He's exactly as he was before..." he muttered with a confused smile.

She sighed with relief. "You scared me there, Connie. That does sound exactly like him..."

It was nearing 10pm, and eventually everyone had had enough of Eren's obsessive cleaning orders.

"EREN! IT'S ALREADY LATE, WE SPENT THE ENTIRETY OF YESTERDAY FIGHTING TITANS AND SLEPT 4 HOURS ON STONE AFTER THAT! WE JUST WANT TO GO TO BED!" Jean yelled, aggressively saying what practically everyone was thinking.

Eren threw down the broom.

"FINE! YOU'RE ALL GETTING THE BLAME IF THE CAPTAIN GETS MAD! AND YOU KNOW WHAT HE DOES WHEN HE GETS MAD, RIGHT!?" Eren retaliated just as fiery as Jean.

"What's with all this shouting?" spoke a calm yet slightly pissed voice that could only belong to said Captain. He stood in the door frame of the kitchen, slightly leaning against it. He had taken off his jacket and even his cravat, which left his torso only dressed in the white button-up shirt underneath. The others didn't often see him without all his formal gear on. Particularly the girls liked it. Except Mikasa.

Levi seemed to be looking around, scanning all surfaces, edges and corners.

"Uhm-, sorry. Nothing, sir." Eren spoke silently. Everyone waited in anticipation as Levi walked in and ran his hand over the counters.

"Well, Eren..." he began, before checking behind the same cupboards Eren had forced Jean to clean, causing Eren to shoot Jean a look, which Jean stubbornly ignored, "You outdid yourself. There's always room for improvement, of course... But still." he spoke. Everyone was both relieved and both in shock as to just how high his standards were.