31. In the Cart

Dead silence fell over the room. Wall Rose. Breached. There were only smart men present, so they all knew what that meant.

All citizens and refugees would now have to flee to the insides off Wall Sina. The acreage of Wall Sina's distric was extremely small compared to that of Wall Rose, especially compared to Wall Maria, which they had already lost.

Panic was about to break loose amongst the men, when Erwin's voice tuned over them all, calm and collected as ever.

"Gentlemen, panicking won't save the citizens of Wall Rose or any of your families. Allow me to send Eren Jaeger and (y/n) (l/n) to Wall Rose, so that they can seal the breach as soon as possible, before mass death and famine kick in."

"Those two mutants? Ever since we've allowed them to live, nothing but more death has come deeper into our Walls than ever!" yelled a spokesman of the MP's, sweat dripping down his face.

"What other options do we have?" Erwin countered, his bushy eyebrows growing more fierce.

"WE JUST CLOSE THE GATES! WE LEAVE THOSE REFUGEES TO FEND FOR THEMSELVES! WE CAN'T FIT ANYONE IN HERE, LET ALONE FEED THEM!" he yelled. He was clearly only looking out for his own hide.

One of the guards with a stressed look on his face pulled his gun on the MP.

"TH-, THAT'S TREASON! HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT! ALL THOSE PEOPLE, FAMILIES, YOU'D LET THEM DIE? LET THEM BE EATEN!?" he yelled.

Darius Zackly, head of the entire military, and the man who had let Eren and (y/n) live the first time, stood up.

He drew the attention to himself before things could get out of hand and shots could be fired.

"I have put my faith in those two youngsters before, and I will do so again. I saw them fight in the streets, our streets, yes, but they fought bravely. And they caught the traitor, Leonhart. We must salvage all lives we can, including those of the refugees and citizens in Wall Rose. Commander Smith, assemble a small team to accompany Jaeger and (l/n) to the breach. I expect Captain Levi to go with them at the very least." he ordered.

"Yes, sir." Erwin spoke along with a salute, before leaving the room.

Alarm was struck over the entire city. All present soldiers were to assemble in the courtyard.

"What's all this about? What happened?" (y/n) asked Jean as they joined the formation. Erwin stood on a small wooden stage at the front.

"I'm not sure, but I doubt it's good news." Jean spoke.

"SOLDIERS! I regret to inform you, that Wall Rose has been breached. The titans are in once again." he paused shortly, since a loud hush went over the crowd.

"Wait what?" (y/n) whispered to herself. "N-no! Sasha, Connie, Ymir, Reiner and Berthold are all in Wall Rose! Jean?! What if they didn't get out in time? They could all be dead!?" she whispered frantically to Jean. He stared on wide-eyed.

It was true. The only cadets that went to Wall Sina to capture Annie were Christa (to impersonate (y/n)), Jean (to impersonate Eren) and Eren and (y/n) themselves. Also Mikasa, since she'd obviously never leave Eren's side, and Armin since he was the mastermind of the plan. The others were kept behind in Wall Rose for their own protection, and because they couldn't be fully trusted with the info they had on Annie.

"We are soldiers," Erwin continued, "so we will return to the battlefield to help save as many people as possible. That is our duty. Ready your gear. Horses leave in an hour. With the help of Eren Jaeger and (y/n) (l/n) we shall reseal the breach immediately! Have no fear, but hope! We've won our land back from the titans once before, and we shall do it again!" Erwin spoke, gaining a heartfelt salute from all the soldiers before him.