56. The True Bloodline

"You look real tired." she muttered after she pulled away. 

"Had a shit day." he muttered softly. (y/n) smiled ruefully, I can imagine

(y/n) got up from the bed, stretched and yawned.

"You should get yourself cleaned up and head to bed," she spoke, tugging his hand, getting him up. She headed to the bathroom.

Levi entered as she was brushing her teeth. He took off his shirt, (y/n) looking at him through his reflection on the mirror in front of her. Some of the blood in his shirt had stained through the material onto his muscular and scarred torso. He looked disgusted at his shirt and the blood on his skin.

As (y/n) was done, she turned around and looked at him hesitantly. She wanted to stay the night, but she was slightly frightened by his angry demeanor as he examined his stained shirt. He sighed, putting the shirt on the basin and turning to (y/n). 

"I'll see you in the morning, then." he muttered, trying not to look too agitated, not really succeeding. (y/n)'s shoulders slouched a bit. Has us sleeping together ended because I chose to sleep in Eren and my room the past few nights? 

"R-, right. Night, sir." she mumbled, discouraged, turning around. 

"Did you want to stay?" Levi asked as (y/n) reached the bathroom door. She gulped, turning back to him. 

"Well, I-, I mean, yeah." she admitted. Though Levi still looked rather intimidating, his face relaxed a bit. 

"I'll be a while in here, getting this shit clean." he finally said, beginning to take off his boots. (y/n) smiled slightly. 

"No problem, I'll be in bed." she said gratefully. She left the bathroom just as Levi started unzipping his pants to take a bath. 

(y/n) did her best to stay awake in his bed, waiting for him to join her, but Levi took his cleaning seriously. His bed felt and smelled so familiar that she fell asleep before he was done. As Levi entered the bedroom after having thoroughly cleaned himself and his clothes, he saw (y/n) sprawled out in the middle of the bed. He put on some shorts, put out all the candles but one with his fingers and joined her. (y/n) woke up a bit as he lied down next to her, spooning her from behind. 

"Huh..." she muttered sleepily as she felt his strong arms twist around her. He hushed her. 

"Back to sleep, kid." he muttered in a low, soft voice close to her ear. Even in her sleepy state she smirked slightly at his endearing term. 

"Yessir...." she whispered, falling asleep instantly. 

The next day, Levi was up early, leaving (y/n) alone in the bed. Hanji had figured out a way to finally get the info they needed from Sannes, and didn't want to wait any longer than necessary.  

As (y/n) entered her and Eren's bedroom Eren was just getting up, still in his underwear. 

"Hey." she spoke casually, though she had a small smile on her face. Eren looked pleased to see her. 

"You and the Captain made up, huh?" he smiled. (y/n) blushed. 

"I-, I guess. I eventually just told him what was bothering me." she explained. Eren chuckled. 

"I'm glad it worked out. You two seemed pretty pissed at each other last night in the hall here." 

(y/n) got even redder. "You DID hear!" Eren laughed in response. She shook her head with a smile.

"You're much better at dealing with the Captain when he's angry than me and the others." he muttered. "We'd all be piss scared if he raised his voice at us like that." He said, causing (y/n) to laugh.