35; caught ;35

"HUMAN!"

I grumbled, shifting as I closed my eyes tighter.

"AWAKEN HUMAN!"

I hummed, moving my hand and rubbing my eyes. I opened them, to find Papyrus and Doppy leaning over me.

"Pa...pyrus?" I mumbled.

"YOU'RE SMALL GREEN IRRITATION HAS BEEN AGITATING ME. FIX HIM."

"Doppy?" I asked, then moaned in pain when the frog jumped down. He landed on my chest, knocking the wind out of my lungs. I wheezed, gasping painfully for air.

He began squeaking and croaking aggressively, slapping his hands down in my chest as he cursed me out. Although, I suppose I can't be sure, being that he was a frog.

"Hi, Dops," I sighed, wrapping my arms around him and hugging him close. He croaked, flailing his arms and legs before giving up and accepting the hug. When I let me go he pressed his forehead against mine.

Smiling, I said, "I know... apparently I worried everyone."

"WHY WOULD PEOPLE BE WORRIED ABOUT AN INSIGNIFICANCE LIKE YOU?" Papyrus questioned, then looked me up and down. "WHY ARE YOU COVERED IN BANDAGES?"

I frowned, looking down. My bones ached and muscles screamed as I moved Doppy, setting him beside me.

"Undyne... she found me. Chased me for God-knows-how long," I chuckled, "It's my own dumb fault. I should've just hidden and waited for you or Sans to find me..."

"we both know that wasn't an option so shut up," Sans interjected and I looked up, just in time for him to flick my nose. I flinched, scrunching my nose up in response.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" Papyrus demanded, "AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED THE HUMAN WAS UNDER YOUR CLEARLY INATTENTIVE EYE."

Sans glared, hand on my forehead tightening slightly. "we went to grillbz' place. she was hungry. the crazy bitch burst in and just about killed everyone trying to get to her."

"AND CLEARLY YOU COULD NOT DEFEND HER," Papyrus sighed. I could hear Sans growl lowly, but he didn't say anything. The taller brother cocked his hip to the side, placing his forehead in his hand. He clicked his tongue then looked up. "VERY WELL. I SUPPOSE MY ROYAL LIEUTENANT DUTIES CAN TAKE PAUSE FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE."

"Huh? Wait, no, you don't need to stop working just to take care of me, I'll be fine-"

"CLEARLY YOU ARE NOT," He countered, leaning down and poking me directly on the wound on my arm. I flinched as he picked it up and examined it. "YOUR... MEAT IS FRAGILE. I WILL REMAIN HERE TO WATCH OVER YOU UNTIL YOU HEAL."

"boss, I can do it-"

"I WILL TAKE NO CRITICISM FROM THE ONE WHO FAILED FIRST," he snapped, an intense glare being shared between the two.

Doppy croaked aggressively at them, almost as if to say they were both incapable and he would do it himself. I tapped him between the eyes, and he stopped his incessant noise. He frowned deeply, eyes flickering between all of my wounds. The frog sighed, leaning his head against my wound. Subtle pain tingled up my arm, through my nerves.

"tch, whatever," Sans growled, pushing past Papyrus, who snarled at the aggressive motion. "I'm goin' to grillbz'. don't bother coming to get me since you can clearly handle it."

He glanced backward for just long enough to see my hurt expression before slamming the door. I sighed, closing my eyes. My head throbbed- an incessant thumping in the background of every sound I heard.