37; drunkard's desire ;37

"what the fuck."

Sans growled to himself as he trailed along, you leaning on his shoulder reeking of vodka. He was carrying you bridal style down the roads of Snowdin.

"I don' wanna go home," you mumbled whining into his ear. "I wan' more boooooze."

"no, you're drunk out of your mind."

So drunk that you had ruined his buzz.

"That's the point," you grumbled, "When I'm drunk I don't have to remember anything."

"I know," he sighed, trying his best not to get angry at you. How could he? That was the same reason he drank so much.

"Sams...?"

He sighed, "yeah, doll?"

"Do you lomve me?"

"what?!" He demanded.

"Do you love me?"

"no."

"Oh..." you mumbled, staying quiet. "So I'm just a fling... then? Like the girls Papy and Grillby talk about?"

"Papy?" He asked, desperately trying to change the subject.

"Don't ignore me!" You demanded, hitting hit lightly on the head. "Answer me!"

"I..." he hesitated, "I don't know."

"Haow do you not know?" You demanded again.

"can we please talk about this when you're not plastered?"

"No!" You shouted, making him stumble and stop walking.

"Because if I'm not drunk, then I don't have the courage to do anything!" You slurred your words, looking accusingly at him. "You keep going back and forth- I don' like you, I do like you, blah blah blah!

"I'm desperate! And I'm sad! And I came down here to die! And I don't have any friends! You can't play with me because..." your voice cracked, and you two just stared at each other. "Because Cal isn't here to protect me anymore... and I thought you were gonna be my new Cal when you started being nice! But then you... you started saying sex stuff and trying to kith me in your babfroom after I saw you naked! So now... I'm just stuck! Becauthe I dunno if I like you or not but if you just tell me whether it's fling or no then I can move on with my life."

His arms fell, and you dropped in the snow. You pulled your knees up to your chest and he glared down at you.

You're not allowed to interrogate him like this. Not when it's you holding him when you cry. Not when it's you showing up in tatters. Not when it's you who needs saving. Not when it's you who needs protecting. He should be the one mad.

Why is some human waltzing into his life and taking over everything?! You can't be mad at him because you decided to show up instead of Frisk! It's not his fault- he's never been through this before!

Ah, and there it was. That's what he was scared of- change. A new woman, one he's never seen before in the years he's been trapped in this loop. Who wouldn't be attracted to the first new thing they saw in god knows how long?

But he knew how this went. Hell, Chara might be pulling the strings already.

But you weren't Frisk. He didn't know how to tell. You just came in. This shy, small thing, begging to die. This gorgeous girl who, he couldn't deny, makes him feel like nobody's made him feel before. He didn't love you. This isn't love. He knew love- this wasn't it.

He was infatuated with the change- and thus with you. Could that change into... love? Maybe, he didn't know. The only thing he knew right now was he couldn't bear to hate you because you were the only thing about the Underground that was an outlier. A single mechanism that he didn't know the functions or parts of. He was desperate to know that information, though, obsessed with who you were and how you worked.