11: fighting toriel :11

Toriel went silent, taking large strides away from me and toward the basement. She didn't even look at me as she descended down the stairs. I caught a glimpse of her face, and to say she didn't look happy was a severe understatement. I looked at Flowey on my shoulder, and he looked as nervous as I was.

"Well, here we go..." I mumbled, grabbing the sleeping Doppy off of my head. I swear, that frog could sleep through everything. I lightly pet him until he stirred, "C'mon, sweetie, you gotta wake up."

As Doppy slowly awoke in my arms, yawning as he stirred and regained his bearings. I walked down the stairs, cautiously moving down the stairs and into the hallway. I walked down the deep purple hallways, walking forward for what felt like ages. As I walked forward, piles of monster dust began to appear. They slowly began to get larger as I got closer and closer to the destination.

"You better be really sure about this," Flowey breathed, staring fearfully at the piles. I nodded wordlessly. I had lost my confidence in this plan. I was sure it would work, but... was I?

Finally I turned a corner, and the floor was pretty much caked in dust, none of the purple stone could be seen. My eyes widened as as I shuffled forward, seeing Toriel with her back facing me. I hugged my arms, finally entering the room where she stood. She was standing, facing a large door, nearly two times her height, with that reoccurring symbol on it.

"Oh, my god," I whimpered quietly, seeing the blood splatters and stains that covered the room. How many people had she killed in here?

"(Y/N)..." Flowey whispered, staring at her. "Turn around. Leave."

"This is the exit of the Ruins. It leads to the rest of the Underground- where the real threats lie."

I looked at Flowey, face scrunched in confusion. The rest of the Underground? What does she mean the rest of the Underground?

"I am going to give you one chance," Toriel said dangerously, turning around as she glared at me. "I will forgive and forget this mistake."

I turned around, letting out a shaky sigh. I walked toward the corner of the blocky, circular room. I set Flowey and Doppy down, sliding my guitar off my back. Flowey looked at me incredulously, "What are you doing?"

"Saving us," I smiled, turning back around and standing where I was before. I stood as bravely as I could in front of her, speaking up. "I'm sorry, Toriel, but I can't stay here."

Her face tightened, her fangs baring as she growled quietly. He face contorted into one of rage. She held up her hands, bright red flames engulfing them. I swallowed as my soul left my chest. "Then, my child, you must die."

I inhaled sharply, watching as small balls of flame appeared around me in a circle. They started spinning, then enclosing in on me. I looked around, not seeing any real ways to get out of it.

Doppy croaked loudly, and I looked to him in desperation. He jumped down flat on his belly and my eyes widened. Go under!

I dove down, sliding to the best of my ability under the wave of fire. Another one came at me just as fast, but this time diving up and down faster than I could jump or go under them. I was far enough from the center of the room that there was space between the fireballs. I stood in between the two closest to me, the fire licking at my stomach and back as they passed.

I was already breathing heavily, jumping from side to side, following the circular motions of the flames as best I could. Once the first onslaught finished, I looked at Toriel, who hadn't even so much as broken a sweat. I looked at her, furrowing my brows.

<[Act]>

"Toriel, I'm not going to fight you. I will never fight you," I said loudly. Fire blasted on either side of me, making two walls. I burned my arm, hissing and immediately turning to my side. I looked at her sideways. "Toriel, you are a good person! I will never punish someone for being lonely!"