38; kindhearted but hungover ;38

I awoke with my head pounding, groaning as I turned over, burrowing my head in the crevice between the back and seat pillows. Hopefully, the pressure would calm some of the pain from the throbbing in my skull. It was really hot too- like sweltering. I didn't want to move to find out why.

I felt like shit. My stomach hurt because I was starving and my mouth was dry from dehydration. My wounds ached and I reeked of vodka and sweat. I need to shower, ugh.

I could hardly remember anything from the night before. After I sped run those four shots in the beginning, it's a total blackout. They kicked in around ten minutes later- I don't even want to know what I did last night.

"HUMAN, I HAVE NEWS! YOU HAVE BEEN ASLEEP FOR QUITE SOME TIME. I WAS GOING TO WAKE YOU, BUT SANS INSISTED YOU GET REST. THOUGH IM NOT SURE WHY- THAT DOES NOT MATTER NOW."

I groaned.

Why does he talk so loud?

"ARE YOU IN PAIN? ARE YOUR INJURIES BECOMING THAT ACHING?"

"I'm hungover," I grumbled, my voice muffled by the couch.

"OH," he huffed. I could almost see him crossing his arms. "OF COURSE... SANS! THAT IMBECILE! HE IS A TERRIBLE INFLUENCE ON YOU!"

He sighed, his thumping steps echoing as he moved. "VERY WELL, I WILL GIVE YOU THE INFORMATION LATER. GO CLEAN YOURSELF, I CAN SMELL THE ALCOHOL FROM HERE. AND TAKE OFF MY BROTHERS CLOTHES! I WILL
PURCHASE YOU SOME OF YOUR OWN TODAY."

"Gotcha."

"VERY WELL. I WILL RETURN LATER TODAY- FAR EARLIER THAN LAST NIGHT."

"Okay."

Then the door slammed- peace and quiet. Thank god.

I sighed, relishing in the quiet. Papyrus is right, though, I do have to shower. Oh, maybe I'll take a bath! It's been a while since I've had that sort of relaxation time. Doppy needs a good cleaning as well, he's starting to stink.

"Ugh, okay, fine. I'll shower, you vengeful gods." I grumbled to myself, turning and picking up Doppy, who stirred in my grasp. He looked up at me, cramping groggily.

"We're gonna go get clean," he croaked in dismay, not wanting to. I huffed, "Well we both stink, so suck it up. Besides, when's the last time you've had a nice bath."

I groggily went up the stairs, going up slowly per how my ankle and other injuries demanded I do. It took a minute, but I eventually got to the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I didn't bother to lock it, since Papyrus would be out all afternoon and Sans was probably at Grillby's or manning the sentry stations.

I set Doppy down on the counter, where he flipped over lazily. I blinked in the bright lights from above the mirror. I groaned, shutting it off and submerging us in darkness. Doppy croaked in alarm and I grumbled.

"Ugh, fine..."

I pulled off one of my socks, which were relatively thin, reaching up on my toes and putting it over the bulb. I turned on the light again, it being far more dim and manageable than before.

I looked over at Doppy, "Good enough."

He croaked in agreement as I looked over at the mirror. My hair was a mess, that was the first thing I noticed. I need to buy a brush... and I've got a pretty set amount of money considering the lack of job availability for people of my persuasion. Not to mention new clothes.

Oh, yeah. I'm wearing Sans's parka. That must be why I woke up so hot.

I sighed, hanging my head down. I hope I didn't do anything too embarrassing last night... me drunk can go one of two ways- both very undesirable. Unnecessarily sad and serious, or overly giggly and typically, very sexual. Both of those are things I don't want Sans to see. Hopefully, I just passed out and he brought me back...