6: the inevitable meeting :6

I walked forward in silence, Flowey popping along going from end of hallway or room to the next. Doppy eventually returned to his place atop my head after getting tired of hopping. There were a few puzzles we had to get past, many of them involving hidden switches and color-coded answers. Flowey helped me, so I didn't have to find out what the consequences were for failing any of them. I'm sure I didn't want to.

Eventually we got to a room at the end of a hall, right past the entrance a house-like structure. There was a small balcony, a part of the wall, which intended to prevent falling, crumpled and open for anyone clumsy enough to topple off.

"It's beautiful," I smiled, leaning on an intact portion of it, looking out across the view.

There was a huge castle in front of me, glittering stones that hung, suspended in the air, surrounding it and decorating the otherwise bleak cave. It was made of the same, now boring, muted purple stone as the rest of the structures were. It was full of intricate details, and there were those stones around it, which gave it a fantastical feel.

Everything glowed with a blueish tint, bouncing off of the starlike stones. It was really pretty. A quiet, serene view of the castle that had my eyes glued to it. I was basically entranced- I couldn't look away.

"I'm sure," Flowey sighed, flopping down on the floor and closing his eyes. "Dang, all this moving around is getting me exhausted."

I tore my eyes away from the view for a moment, "If you want, I can carry you."

He opened one of his eyes, then rolled it. "And how on earth would you do that?"

"You could use your vines and wrap around my arm or something. If you're tired lean against my shoulder or head," I shrugged, turning back to look forward. "I don't mind. And if I ever get hurt again, I'm sure it'd be easier for you to help that way."

He stayed quiet for a minute, and I enjoyed the silence, staring out.

I liked it right here. It was cool, but not enough that I was freezing. There was a small, refreshing breeze that blew by every now and then (although I don't really understand how there can be in underground). There were no people or monsters around, thankfully. It was serene and peaceful. I don't doubt that if I pulled out my guitar, it would have perfect acoustics too. Truly, an ideal place to be.

"Okay, fine. That actually sounds like a good idea," Flowey said finally, and I looked down at him, eyes widening slightly.

"Wait, really?" I asked, shocked. It was just a passing comment, I didn't think it would actually happen.

"Yeah. It's better for both parties," he said, sitting up and extending a vine up to my arm. I reached out slightly to give him better access.

The vine slowly wrapped around my arm. Once it was secure, he brought his body up as well. A vine twirled around my arms, making my loose grey sweater hug the figure of my arm, then spill out between loops. It wrapped two or three times around my shoulder, where Flowey settled permanently. It was a bit awkward, having him on my shoulder, Doppy on my head, and my guitar on my back, but I didn't mind.

"Ugh, why do you keep this dumb thing around?" Flowey grumbled, looking back at the case. "Just ditch it, it'll be easier in the long run."

"No way," I said firmly, "We're almost out of this place, right? I'll be home soon, so it won't be a hassle much longer."

As is started to exit the small room and head toward the house, he looked to the side, hiding his face from me. He stayed silent for a moment, and I looked at him curiously.

"Actually, about that..."

"Oho~ What do we have here?"

I looked away from Flowey and in front of me. I felt him flinch on my shoulder, and Doppy clutched my head. I cocked my head to the side. Doppy almost slipped off as a result, and I quickly straightened it, holding him up and petting him apologetically.