46; glowing red ;46

I groaned, rolling over. Everything hurt- and by everything I meant my torso. There's just a lot of things there, so I figured everything was a pretty good way to say it.

"hey, doll, you awake?"

I blinked, slowly opening my eyes. I was laying on the couch, Sans sitting on the opposite end of my head. My calves were resting in his lap and my feet were on the armrest just beyond him.

"I hurt."

He laughed, "I can imagine."

"Am I okay?"

"you tell me."

"I... think so," I mumbled, clutching my shoulder and wincing. "I don't think I'm bleeding anymore..."

"you're not," he affirmed. "seems like you'll need a while to recover."

"How long have I been out?" I sighed, covering my eyes with my arm.

"only a few hours," he shrugged.

"That's good, at least..." I mumbled. "What about Undyne?"

"I've been teleporting her back to Waterfall every twenty minutes or so," he said, then chuckled. "keeps demanding that I wake you up to fight her."

I pursed my lips, taking my arm away from my face. At that moment, I noticed all the holes in the surrounding walls. Spears were sticking out of every surface, and every thing except the couch was shattered or smashed. I widened my eyes.

"Shit, I-"

"not your fault," he interrupted, glaring at me. "she's a psycho who's destroying my house."

"Is there anything I can do?" I muttered weakly, "I-I have money... I can give you everything I have for repairs and-"

"boss'll send someone to fix it," he sighed. "he's the one who told you to do it, his mess to clean up. gonna be cold as fuck tonight, though."

"I'm sorry."

The feeling of tears rose up in the back of my throat. I hated that feeling. I hated crying. It was so stupid. Then again, so was fighting Undyne and letting her destroy the house because of me. I wish I could do more... I wish I was strong enough to fight my own battles.

Maybe this is a blessing... maybe she really can teach me to be strong. I mean, that is the reason I was willing to do this in the first place. I hated feeling weak. That's all I've felt for my entire life, especially since I managed to fall down here.

"stop saying sorry for other people being shitty," he scoffed. He moved my legs until they were falling halfway off the couch. He hovered over me in a position that was more natural if he was between my legs, but I acknowledged and appreciated the gesture of him opting for the side of my body.

He urged gently at my shirt, checking my shoulder wound. The bandages weren't stained with blood. I sighed, closing my eyes and looking away from the shoulder he was looking at. I was too ashamed to feel embarrassed by the position.

He gently pushed my face so I was facing up, looking at him. I opened my eyes.

"it ain't your fault that it's a shit show down here... it ain't your fault that you're human and you got wrapped up in all this bullshit," he muttered, looking at me with an expression I didn't recognize. "stop apologizing for everyone else being awful, when you're so..."

He seemed to breathe out the last word. I couldn't hear what he said.

"Much worse?" I finished, smiling awkwardly.

"beautiful," he breathed.

I widened my eyes, a violent blush slapping across my face in milliseconds. My body went into hyperdrive. I felt the pain more, as the heat of bashfulness pulsated across my entire body, but I also felt the gently touch of his phalanges against my cheek. I felt the soft breeze of his exhales against my nose. I felt the pressuring attraction behind his gaze, behind the way his eyes stayed locked onto mine.