44; miserable, not so miserable, miserable ;44

"First Undyne, now this..." I mumbled miserably, "I just can't keep my mouth shut."

"what about Undyne?" He asked, then his eyes shifted from my face. "doll, you've got marks on your throat..."

I slumped down, hugging my knees to my chest and shoving my head between them. "Undyne is convinced I'm her new pet project. She's going to train me until I'm 'worthy of the effort to kill'"

"doll, you're not makin' any sense," he knelt down, gently grabbing my chin and tilting my face upward. He examined the markings on my neck, then my head. "you sure you don't have a concussion?"

"No, no!" I said quickly, pushing him away. I stumbled up to a standing position, eyes manic and unable to stay still. "Now she's going to be coming here every day! And-and Doppy just ran off and I don't know where he went, and-"

"stop, rewind," he growled, clearly getting frustrated. "tell me what happened with Undyne."

"Papyrus thinks I have this.. effect on monsters," I sighed, furrowing my brows. "That I make it so you guys can kill me. U-Undyne is crazy and apparently she's never failed to kill anyone before! She-she keeps saying that it's only because I'm weak, and she refuses to believe someone like me could've spared her. She's convinced that if she makes me a 'worthy opponent' that... that she'll be able to kill me in a really fight..."

"she's fucking delusional if she thinks she's going anywhere near you," he snarled. "no wonder I had a feeling that I needed to find you."

"Papyrus told me you would watch the training sessions..."

"no way," he growled, "you won't be doing them in the first place."

"He said it's no use to try and defy her- i-if I run, she'll just kill m-"

"that's why I'm here," he said seriously.

"But she might find me!" I said desperately, "I-I can't do it again... I can't let her chase me through the Underground and hunt me down."

"you're going to go hide out in Hotland," he said, shoving his hands in his pockets. "she can't go there. you can't stay here safely and there's no way you're going to Waterfall- so you'll go to Hotland."

"I've never been there- I don't know anyone!" I choked on my words, "That's a whole new group of monsters who want to kill me. That's more weeks of running and hiding and getting attacked and hunted down and-"

"and it's here the Royal Guard headquarters is..." he muttered and I widened my eyes in alarm.

"No way I can go there!" I protested, "She may have halted the order to find me, but knowing the crazy people down here it doesn't matter! All she did was confirm that I'm here... I can pretend to be a monster!"

He furrowed his brow bones, looking off to the side. He was deep in thought- clearly frustrated. For some reason, I got the feeling it was between here and Hotland. For some reason, Waterfall was off the table. I wanted to push back on that- perhaps I could stay in the small room I had sanctioned off to myself. Sans could bring me food, and I could hang out there until I figure out how to get out of the Underground all together.

But... that camera... obviously, someone knew I was there. That means the hidden paths were compromised as well.

Which means... I'm stuck here.

Sans seemed to come to the same conclusion I did. There was nowhere else for me to safely go. I was stuck here- we were stuck here. He looked at the floor.

"I'll kill her," he growled.

"The whole Underground will be after you if you do that!" I protested.