23; unwanted advances ;23

I yawned, smiling up at Papyrus, who had been going on for the entire walk home about why I should cut my hair and invest in armor, or at least some better battle-suited clothing. I just nodded and agreed. Doppy had fallen asleep to sound of his ramblings, and I lugged along my guitar, and had him sitting atop my head, out of the way.

"HMMM, IT SEEMS IT HAS GOTTEN LATE. THAT LASTED FAR LONGER THAN I INTENDED. DO YOU NEED AN ESCORT HOME?"

"Oh, no,. I'm staying at the Inn," I chuckled, looking off to the side. "At least until I run of out money, haha... Oh! Speaking of, do you know if they have any jobs here?"

"YOU'RE STAYING IN THAT INN?" He asked, "ISN'T THAT ONLY FOR VISITORS FROM HOTLAND AND WATERFALL?"

"Well, I don't have a house or anything," I chuckled, "And I don't think I'm comfortable sleeping in the booths at Grillby's."

"HMM..." Papyrus hummed, eyes squinting as he rubbed his chin. "WELL, THERE AREN'T MANY PLACES WILLING TO HARBOR HUMANS..."

"Yeah, but the lady who runs the Inn is really nice!" I grinned, "I'll figure something out when I can't afford the room fee."

"I DON'T HAVE A SPARE ROOM... BUT YOU COULD ALWAYS SLEEP ON OUR COUCH."

"What?!" I asked, "No, no, no! You've already helped me so much, I don't want to intrude on your home too..."

"NONSENSE!" Papyrus laughed, "IT IS THE PERFECT ARRANGEMENT. IN THE MORNINGS I WILL PATROL, AND THEN I WILL TUTOR YOU IN READING AND WRITING! WHEN I CANNOT, I'LL HAVE SANS DO IT FOR ME. AND YOU CAN TEACH ME THIS... SO-DOKE-WHO."

"Papyrus, I really don't want to intrude... It doesn't seem very fair of me to constantly be needing you- and now I'm living with you..?"

"IT IS TRUE THAT YOU ARE WEAK AND NEED MY PROTECTION, BUT IT WILL BE NO ISSUE! IT WILL OFFER THE BEST ARRANGEMENT FOR YOUR TUTELAGE AND MY SO-DOKE-WHO TRAINING," He nodded, "AND YOU WILL GET TO ENJOY MORE OF MY DELICIOUS LASAGNA!"

"Are you sure...?" I asked, still extremely hesitant. "What about Sans? He doesn't like me very much... I don't think he'd approve."

"I'LL CONVINCE HIM OF IT'S BENEFITS," Papyrus grinned, already pulled me along with him. "IF HE ISN'T, I'LL SIMPLY LET HIM NEARLY KILL YOU, AND HE'LL HAVE GOTTEN HIS ANGER OUT."

"Oh, how comforting..." I deadpanned, my voice shaking. He was yanking me along, and there was no use in fighting. I was too tired anyway.

He dragged me through the snow, my heels dragging a path behind us. He walked across the town, stopping at the quaint little house at the far end. He pulled me until we reached the stairs, trudging up and opening the door. I stumbled, regaining my balance in the snow. He waited at the door, eyeing me dangerously at the door. I think that was just his resting face, though, because it didn't seem to hold too much animosity.

At least I hope it didn't.

I hurried up the stairs, walking past him and into the house. I mumbled a thank you as I passed, stepping inside and stepping off to the side of the door. I slipped my shoes off, a habit my mother had instilled in me that followed me to this day.

I walked closely beside Papyrus into the house. There was a large TV on the right wall, and across from him, pressed against the left, was an old couch. It looked pretty warn out, there were several patches and sewn rips. It was well kept, though.

There was a kitchen entrance on the left side of a wall in the middle of the house, and on the right there was a staircase that lead up to three doors. No doubt their bedrooms- and perhaps a closet or bathroom. I had no clue, but the house was really nice. It looked like it would make a lovely family home- a master and then a room for a kid.