42; perhaps maybe almost ;42

Fluffy chapter hehehehe >:D

"So I'll just wrap my hands and wait," I hummed, turning the corner out the bathroom.

I had put on clean clothes after the whole Undyne debacle. Doppy had brought back that miracle healing cream that Callie had so much of, and helped me apply it to my wrists. I can only assume that Sans had snapped my bones back into place. The joints were still pretty achy, especially after he had done so, but after several applications and putting minimal strain on them, it had turned more dull. If I put pressure on them, it hurt more, obviously, but if I left them alone, I could hardly feel any pain.

I had thrown on a black sweater and a pair of blue jeans- nothing crazy. Sans and I were just going to hang out in Waterfall- if he even still wanted to, of course.

Despite his ignorance of me, I couldn't help but feel a rising giddiness in my stomach. A tightness bottled up within me; it felt like I couldn't get rid of it unless I screamed at the top of my lungs and ran in circles out of pure excitement. It was littered with anxious linings and undertones, but I tried my best to ignore it. I occupied myself with reapplying the ointment and having Doppy retie my shoes or put my hair up in a more secure ponytail, even though both were just fine as they were the first ten times. I was simply waiting for him or Papyrus to return so that I didn't have time to focus on my anxieties about the outing.

"Make sure you leave the strands in the front," I reminded Doppy. He croaked grumpily, fumbling with his hands (which were not meant for this activity) as he retied my hair for the thousandth time. "My face looks like an egg without hair to frame it."

He croaked, angst lacing his tone.

"I just want my hair to look up together!" I protested, puffing out my cheeks in protest. "Besides, you're the one who insisted I wasn't allowed to do it myself because I would strain my hands."

He argued back.

"I know you didn't agree to do it this many times, but look!" I gestured to my phone, which was propped up on my knees. We were on the couch, and he was sitting on the backboard and cushions while I had my phone held up so I could see what he was doing though the camera- one of the few apps that still worked. "The one is the best so far!"

He grumbled, slumping to the side and rolling limply onto the seat cushions of the couch.

"Well doing it a thousand times obviously helped," I shot back snarking, "maybe I'll make you do everything a thousand times so you can do them well."

He stuck his tongue out at me, haphazardly kicking my thigh. I stuck my tongue back at him. He leapt forward and slapped his hands against my thigh in protest.

I gasped, "A vicious attack! How will I ever survive?! The beast has truly outdone me this time! What shall I do?!"

I spoke dramatically, draping a hand over my forehead and falling lightly back onto the arm of the couch.

He croaked loudly, jumping up and landing on my lap with a thud.

"And death," I said dramatically, closing my eyes. With a small giggle and to add some extra pizazz, I stuck my tongue out, "Blegh."

"wow, what a show. you two should make a full production."

I let out an involuntary yelp, immediately going into a full, stiff standing position. Doppy landed on the ground with a thud, followed by an almost comical screech. I stared straight forward, fumes of embarrassment coming from my ears as I stared at the skeleton in front of me. He was leaning against the door, staring at Doppy and I in obvious amusement.