26; messed up ;26

The cleanup was fast and easy, and Sans and I finished up pretty quick. He went off somewhere (after telling me where the bathroom was, thank god), as he usually did, and I returned to the couch and tended to Doppy, who scolded me for enjoying the company of the skeleton brothers. Then I went to sleep after a successful day of recipe changing, rune learning, and Sudoku teaching.

The next morning was far more peaceful than the first was. It was snowing lightly outside, so it was quiet again, but it felt a lot more comfortable. I doubted Papyrus approved of sleeping in- especially with my terrible sleep schedule- but he wasn't here this morning. Maybe he was already out doing... whatever it is that he does.

I woke up with a quiet groan, blinking slowly and looking down, finding Doppy, who was resting peacefully right beside where my head had been. I hummed, smiling tiredly down at him. I pressed a soft kiss atop his head, and he sighed gently, but didn't wake up.

Man, the only thing this frog does is sleep.

I yawned, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. I looked around. Nice and silent. As much as I liked Papyrus, he was really loud.

I stretched out, extending an arm upward and popping my back. I sighed and relaxed, shrinking down as warmth spread over my body. I closed my eyes and smiled, but my body seized up as quickly as it had calmed.

"HUMAN! AWAKEN!"

I yelped upon Papyrus's unexpected arrival, my body seizing and tensing so hard that I tumbled off of the couch, hitting the ground on my side.

"STOP YOUR BOONDOGGLING ON THE FLOOR, GET UP!" He exclaimed, then yelled up to the second floor. "SANS! WAKE UP, YOU LAZYBONES! GET DOWN HERE!"

"here, boss."

"AH, WONDERFUL! COME! WE HAVE SEVERAL SENTRY STATIONS TO CHECK IN ON," He narrowed his eyes at Sans, "SINCE SOME HAVE BEEN NEGLECTED..."

"there's three stations, boss, I gotta spread my time out."

"WHENEVER I CHECK ON YOU, YOU'RE ON BREAK!"

"three stations mean three breaks."

"WHAT? NO! YOU GET NO BREAKS!"

"I got three stations and three hot dog stands, boss. that's a lotta work."

"YOU SIT THERE ALL DAY DOING NOTHING! THAT SUGGESTION IS COMPLETELY PREPOSTEROUS!"

"whatever you say, boss."

"UGH, WE'RE LATE ALREADY. COME, WE HAVE TO GO, YOU LAZYBONES!"

"Papyrus, do you think I could stay behind and shower?" I yawned, rubbing my eyes. The both of them looked at me, my head and shoulders popping up behind the coffee table. "You guys can go, I'll catch up with you."

"HNNNG..." He grumbled, "FINE. SANS STAY HERE WITH THE HUMAN. YOU'LL BE USELESS TO ME ANYWAY."

"got it, boss," Sans looked off to the side, rolling his glowing eye and scoffing. "we'll meet you out there."

"VERY WELL. BE QUICK, I HAVE LITTLE TIME TO WASTE WITHOUT YOU THERE TO HEAR MY... SUGGESTIONS."

"Okay, I'll hurry," I hummed, standing up and sluggishly moving up the stairs. The door slammed, and I reached about midway up the stairs. It took a moment, but Sans spoke up.

"(y/n)," He said, and I turned around, eyes drooping as I hummed in acknowledgment. He dropped heavily onto the couch, looking at me. "wake me up when you finish."

I nodded, "Okayyyy."

I continued my slow walk up the stairs and retreated to the bathroom, getting undressed and hopping in, taking a nice hot shower. Surprisingly, they had everything I needed, including shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, and both perfume and cologne. I quietly questioned why they had such things, but decided against saying anything.