31; unlikely savior ;31

I moved groggily, not quite sure what was going on around me. I coughed, leaning to the side as bile rose from my stomach, spilling out into the waterfall next to where I was laying. I wheezed out a few more violent, phlegm-filled coughs, my entire body jolting in pain at every seize of my stomach. I looked down, glancing around at my surroundings. I was laying in another bed of those yellow flowers. They had an oddly mystical feel in this new area, which was all blues, and already very fantastical. None of them seemed damaged, just a few under me squished.

I reached up, flinching at the short contact on the back of my head. I brought my hand back down, looking at my fingers. My pointer and middle fingertips were painted red with blood. I looked to where I was laying, and the yellow flowers were stained red where my head had been. I sighed, looking over my body, and assessing the overall damage.

My entire shoulder and upper bicep were a deep purple bruise, and the cut on my face felt pretty rough. My leggings had been sliced through, right up the back of my calf. The cut wasn't very deep, but it was oozing blood down into the back of my sock and shoe. Not to mention, the opposite ankle was swelled up and a more red color than usual- a bad sprain at the least. My entire body was aching with exhaustion, but sitting here doing nothing wasn't going to help. I sat up, grunting as I did so, and got to work.

I ripped my leggings across the bottom where they had been sliced already, pulling it into long strips and tying them across my calf until they covered the whole cut. I ripped another, wider piece, slowly taking my shoe off and tying it around my foot and ankle, using the strips around the cut above to keep it in place. It kept my foot at a more natural place, closer to a 90° angle. Essentially, it made sure I didn't flex my foot too far.

I balled up the sleeve of my sweater and dipped it in the shallow water that surrounded the flowers. I cleaned around the wound and down my neck, dabbing gently at it with the water. I flinched back at the short stabbing pain that occurred, so I decided against doing anything more. I ripped off some fabric from the other leg, opting to take a long upward strip than around the pant. It came up to right below my knee, right around where the other ended. I tied that strip around my head, making sure to keep pressure on the wound on the back of my head. I tied the hanging fabric so that it didn't irritate me, and then I shakily stood.

I took a cautious step forward. It hurt like hell, but the calf cut wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It was mainly my ankle, in all honestly. But I could still walk, and that's all that mattered.

I moved forward. There was scattered debris from the wood of the bridge floating in the shallow water around. I prayed it wasn't too dirty since it stemmed from a waterfall as I walked forward, my shoes and the bottom of my calf wound submerging into the water. The fabric immediately soaked it up, but I started limping forward, moving along the expansive, wet hallway.

There were huge piles of trash, and within them, I saw several recognizable items- name brands I easily recognized. I was shocked to find a few of them had ended up down here. Although, assuming this is California trash, I shouldn't be. I suppose it was the indebted college student in me.

I limped slowly down the hallways, holding my shoulder as I moved forward. There were several more trash piles and a few things on their own. Most notably, there was a bright green bike- kind-of the color of Angie's hair. I miss her... A beat-up, neon orange cooler, and really old desktop computer. It almost looked like something a grandparent would get to be "hip with the kids," as most would say.

I continued to walk forward, walking past a training dummy like the one from the Ruins, except not at all beat up. It looked like it had been sewn back together and remade nicely. I limped forward, but behind me, I heard a loud laugh. I whirled around, panting as I scanned the area behind me. The dummy was gone.