15: papyrus' puzzles :15

Hours went by, it seemed. Sobbing and gasping for air as I cried my eyes out. It was a long time coming, I suppose. I'm under a lot of stress down here- these people. They wanted to kill me, it was exhausting. I needed to be nice and help everyone, but why? It doesn't seem like they deserve it.

I guess I'm the one who deserves it.

The way his eye glowed when he looked at me- it scared me to think of what he was going to say before he caught sight of my arm. Then he just left... I don't know what was going through his head. It horrified me to think.

That fiery eye... It haunted my consciousness, every time I closed my eyes, it flickered in my darkened vision.

I sat with my knees hugged to my chest, staring numbly at the snowy floor in front of me. Doppy leaned against my side, comforting me as best he could.

"Doppy, I wanna go to sleep..." I mumbled. I felt tears prick at my eyes, but nothing came out. It seemed I was out of tears to cry. "I wanna go home."

He croaked sympathetically, rubbing his head against my thigh. I closed my eyes tight, sighing shakily.

"Why did he do that...? Why did he have to do that?"

Doppy croaked, hopping up onto my knees and balancing precariously. He furrowed his brows, croaking at me. He used his little hand to wipe away the water building up at the bottom of my eyes. He pressed his forehead against mine, staring me directly in the eyes.

He croaked, pressing his head harder against mine. He bonked his forehead against mine one last time, then jumped onto my head and looked down at me. He slapped against my head a few times, and I chuckled. I rubbed my eyes, sighing.

"I don't even understand you, and you always know what to say."

He croaked happily, bouncing slightly on my head. I wiped my cheeks and pulled down my sleeve, which I had left up in a fit of embarrassment. I still don't understand why a random skeleton, who wanted to kill me, just... did that.

"I should really stop being such a wimp, haha..." I chuckled humorlessly to myself, standing up and brushing off the snow. I exhaled sharply, "On to the next potentially life-threatening scenario!"

I sighed, hugging myself and stumbling forward. I wasn't at my best. I knew that. My mind wasn't functioning, it was running on autopilot, clouded by that after-cry haze that I was all-too familiar. I didn't feel much, the pounding in my head, the rubbed skin on my cheeks, and the freezing sensation all over my body were what I was limited to. I was running on autopilot- raw (y/n) was all that was out right now.

I walked into the next area, where there was a thrashed, knocked over ice cream cart. Next to it, was a man laying on the floor.

Without thinking about it, I walked over, crouching down at the feet of the man laying down. I sat there for a few moments, staring at him. My eyes were unusually droopy. I was tired.

I poked his leg, "Are you okay?"

"Fuck off, Mean Cream stand is closed."

"Alrighty, then," I nodded, standing up and walking away.

I headed to the next area, finding another platform. There was a piece of paper in the center of it, and Sans and Papyrus were standing on the other side of it. Papyrus noticed me first. Sans didn't really acknowledge me.

"HUMAN! YOU HAVE ARRIVED!" Papyrus announced, grinning as he pointed dramatically at me. "I PRESENT TO YOU, THE... SANS... WHERE IS THE PUZZLE?"

"uhhh, it's right there, br- boss."