7: fear sets in :7

The warm water steamed up the bathroom, but it was still much cooler than the shower itself. I sighed in relief as I stared at myself in the mirror. My hair was tied up in a towel. I didn't like the feeling of wet hair sticking to my back. Another towel wrapped around my chest and stopped just barely below my butt. I really wish they made towels bigger.

I frowned as I looked myself up and down. Both of my knees had scars from my horrible clumsiness. I had fallen so many times that the skin never fully healed. There were other various bruises, some of which I wasn't really sure where they came from. I didn't really question it, though. Like I said, I'm really clumsy.

Just below where the towel ended, there were scabs and healing marks, some of which were scars. They went horizontally around the outer side of my thighs, going upward and stopping just below my hips. The same was true for my arms, only they started on my inner wrists, going all the way up to my elbow, stopping before the joint, before starting again and going halfway up my biceps.

I hugged my arms to my chest, not enjoying looking at myself and the reminders of my weakness.

I quickly got changed into the new clothes. The sweater I had grabbed was much larger than I had anticipated it being. It nearly went down to my knees, the arms hanging extremely low. My entire collarbone was exposed, my shoulders barely wide enough to keep it up. The straps of my sports bra showed through. Thank god I was wearing one. Can you imagine doing all of this in a regular bra? My under boob and shoulders hurt just thinking about it... I slipped on the shorts underneath it, although they didn't do much in terms of coverage. I did appreciate that they prevented my upper thighs from sticking together, though- and ladies I know you know what I mean.

After putting on deodorant, I filled the bath portion of the shower. I took a few minutes to unclog the drain of the enormous amount of white fur (stained suspiciously red in a few places) that filled it. It made sure the water was extremely soapy before getting to work. I began with scrubbing the sweater and leggings, making sure to spend extra time on the joints and areas that collect the most smell, sweat, and otherwise undesirable afflictions. After that, I let them soak in the water while I put my hair into two braids before twisting them into a bun. This took a few minutes, so after finishing, I drained the bath, pulled out the clothes, wrung them out, and hung them over the curtain pole to dry.

I nodded to myself, smiling, proud of the simple task. It had been a while since I really did my own laundry... as embarrassing as it is to admit that. I often didn't have the motivation to, so Cal had to come around and get on me for an hour before either he or I finally did it. I always did a half-assed job, though, so it was usually him. I think he only argued because it gave him a chance to have a lighthearted conversation with me that wasn't about video games or superheros, because I can't remember the last time I did it.

I opened the door and was attacked by the cold air. I shivered, taking a final moment in the semi-steamy air before walking out. I had socks on for fear of getting any dust on my feet, as that just hurt my heart. It felt disrespectful and insensitive. I walked down the hallway, past a large mirror that lined the wall. I looked into it, seeing myself.

"Hi, me," I hummed, smiling and waving at myself. Ugh, my smile is so weird-looking.

I reached my doorway, but quickly realized this probably wasn't a conversation I should be there for. Doppy and Flowey were going at it, barking back and forth at each other. I sighed, walking away into the main area, eyeing the bloodied door. I decided against my curiosity's pleas and continued forward. I looked at all the dust across the floor.

"I guess we really should get on her good side..." I mumbled too myself, putting my hands on my hips and looking around the room. It never hurts to help with chores, I guess. I need the exercise anyway.