3: death unaccomplished :3

I screamed, loudly and obnoxiously, as I stared at the flower. It had a face... a fucking plant had a face. It had eyes and a mouth and a weird nose and leaves for hands and a stem for a body and petals instead of hair. I clutched the strap of the guitar case, my knuckles turning white behind the deep grey fabric of my sweatshirt. The flower's eyes were wide and terrified, darting around the empty room. It's leaves moved as hands in a motion for me to calm down, which made stumbling and convoluted words pour from my lips.

"J... y-you..! And your... there's a mouth... a-and... oh my god... the- and... and you, and I... ju... no, no, no, no... no way... test? Sure! Flower! Moving. Flower. What....i-it doesn't even...! The hell... and I- wait, and... no, but you..." I stared down at the... thing, eyes wide as absolute nonsense came pouring from my face hole.

"Be quiet!" It ushered, looking around the room panicked. My eyes widened even more as I started screaming again upon hearing it speak- a flower??? Talking!?! It disappeared into the ground, then popped up in front of me, making me scream in a more confused fashion. It's stem extended, making it tower over me. Threatening white orbs appeared and loomed over me, surrounding my body, and it's face contorted into one of nightmares. It had a terrifying snarl painted upon its features, and it's eyes got larger, white pinpricks zoned in on me, it's mouth an empty blackness. "Shut up!"

I shut my trap immediately, eyes wide in fear as tears made their way into my eyes. My body started shaking as I stared up at it, too scared to even breathe. The white orbs stayed in their places, surrounding me threateningly.

"O-oh god..." The flower whimpered, it's face returning to how it was before- scared and meek. It shrunk back down to its original size, the white orbs disappearing with a quiet pop. It stuttered, looking up at me fearfully, "I-I'm sorry- I didn't mean to! I just... I d-didn't want her to come..." It saw me still eyeing it, so it shrunk down, eyes becoming even more fearful. "P-please... don't kill me..."

I furrowed my brows slightly, still apprehensive about approaching it. Remember this is a judgement of your character... do the right thing.

"Why would I..." I said slowly, staring at it, confused, "k-kill... you?"

The flower looked at me, it's face scrunched up in confusion. "Why wouldn't you?"

"Because I want to get to heaven," I said bluntly, the meager confidence within me slowly returning- taking the form of blunt remarks. "That's what this test is, right? Be a good person to the weird talking flower as a judge of character, to see what kind of person you are in short amount of time in a completely fictitious scenario. Then they send you to heaven or hell, or whatever they're called."

It was quiet for a moment, staring up at me. I had relaxed much more now (seeing as it didn't look as terrifying as before), letting go of my guitar case strap and sitting with my legs crossed. My hands were shoved in my lap, and I stared down at it with a monotone expression. Almost as though it was totally normal for an anthropomorphized flower to be having a conversation with me. It looked... confused and bewildered, as though it couldn't believe what it was hearing.

"Where do you think you are right now?" It asked finally.

"Limbo?" I shrugged, "Purgatory? Whatever it's called."

"So..." it spoke with pursed lips, "you think you're... dead?"

"Not think, know." I corrected, "No human could survive that fall- thus I have to be be dead, and this must be some sort of judgement place. I dunno how the afterlife works."

"This is the Underground. And you're not dead. You came to the right place if you want to be, though..." the flower said, it's voice trailing off and getting quieter at the end.