32; angel of death ;32

TW: ALLUSION TO SEXU@L A$$AULT
IF THIS MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE, PLEASE SKIP THE PIECE OF THIS STORY MARKED WITH "!!!"
(PS, locations and flow will differ slightly in this chapter from the original game, for purposes of developing atmosphere further. Please do not comment that it is not true to the story. :) Thank you!)

I immediately began sprinting in the opposite direction, down the expansive wooden bridge. I coughed, wheezing roughly. I covered my mouth, seeing the red splatter of blood on my hand. I turned behind me, eyes widening as I watched the knight stalking behind me, spears flitting into existence and shooting toward me. I continued to sprint, the bright red weapons flying by me or crashing into the wood below me.

I panted heavily, seeing the turn up ahead. I practically slid on the floor, going onto my hands and knees and I scrambled to turn the corner. I ran through Waterfall, darkness surrounding me, only little glowing plants illuminating the path. Spears zipped by, vaguely highlighting my location.

I continued to run, but hit a wet patch on the floor, sliding forward and falling straight on my back. I heard a sharp crack from my shoulder and moaned in pain, hot tears spilling down my cheeks from the additional sensation of pain. My eyes stared to the side where the knight was trudging, yet she didn't seem to know where I was. Spears flew in every direction without any specific target.

I covered my mouth, dragging myself by pulling my body away from the path with my legs and pushing with my one good arm. When the loud clunking steps of the armour came trudging by me, I curled into a ball, sobbing silently into my hand as I prayed to whoever would listen that she didn't find me.

It slowly faded out, but I stayed there for a few moment, laying and enveloping myself in the pain which was now swallowing my being. When the adrenaline began to pass, the severity of my injuries began to kick in. I sat up, grabbing my shoulder and breathing shakily. I shouted in pain, sobbing as I snapped it back into place with a considerable crack.
I tried to stand, but stumbled, falling onto my hands and knees.

I wiped my face, crying out in pain and I stood, hugging my injured arm to my chest and leaning heavily on one foot. I placed barely any weight on the other, only very briefly adding pressure so that I could take a skipping step forward. I begin moving toward the path, but flinched when a roaring scream came echoing through the chamber. In the distance, I saw bright flashes of red, and spears came flying all throughout the cave, crashing into walls and causing rocks to crumble all around me. I hesitated, opting to stay off the path.

The clunking of the armour began again, shifting throughout the chamber. I shivering every time it grew too close. I stomped out every glowing mushroom or flower I came across, stepping heavily on it and staying until it's light diminished. They were beautiful and didn't deserve such harassment, but I couldn't risk getting caught.

I pressed myself against the wall, watching other monsters sulk by. A few I recognized- Shyrens sneaking through, Moldsmals and strangely tall versions of them walking side by side, and various other which I wasn't as (or at all) familiar with.

I looked ahead, seeing a large rock with a hole in it. A red light came from it, which made me apprehensive to continue, but I heard the clunking iron faintly behind me, along with the summonings of spears. There was no way the knight had managed to stay over there. I glanced around, knowing that the crossing the expansive open area between here and the hallway was my only chance at getting there.

I waited for the clunking to subside as much as possible, pursing my lips as I slowly began to limp forward, looking around cautiously. I veered away from any mushrooms or flowers, staying as far in the shadows as I could. I was nearly there, but I felt a sudden, violent tug on my good arm. I immediately began to yank away, but the strength of my assailant far outmatched mine. I stared up, immediately shrinking in pure intimidation.