36; angry doubts ;36

"Yo! (Y/N)!"

"MK!" I exclaimed, stumbling off the couch and hurrying over to him. I nearly tripped over myself, underestimating how long the table in front of the couch was.

I kneeled in front of him, touching his face and examining his body for any injuries. "Are you okay? I haven't seen you since Waterfall, what happened?!"

"Am I okay?" He demanded, "You're the one covered in fucking bandages!"

"Oh, come on, now," I smiled, putting my hands on his cheeks. "You're the one who almost died, not me."

"Doesn't look like it," he deadpanned. I laughed, smiling at him.

"I'm happy you're okay, MK. I've been worried about you."

"Y-you have..?"

"Of course, my little sidekick," I giggled, running my hand atop his head as if I was ruffling his hair. "What are you doing here?"

"Well..." he hesitated, looking down at the floor. His cheeks tinged dark orange as he kicked one of his legs out. "You said you were staying with Sans and Papyrus... so I figured this is where you would be if Undyne didn't get you. And you promised she wouldn't so I came here first!" He huffed, puffing out his cheeks.

"So you were worried about me?" I smiled, "You're so cute!"

"That's not all!" He shouted, hitting me on the head with his tail. I laughed, raising an eyebrow at him. "I wanted to tell you something..."

I waited patiently for him to continue.

"I know some of the royal guardsmen..." he looked off to the side, "so I thought I'd ask them if I can start training. Y'know to get tougher!" He returned his gaze to me. "So I can protect you next time..."

I blinked, then laughed, pulling the kid into a hug. "You're so sweet, MK."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever!" He shouted, shoving his way out of my arms and standing on his own, face burning deep orange in embarrassment.

"YOU KNOW THIS CHILD, I ASSUME?" Papyrus asked, crossing his arms and eyeing MK down. He stared right back, unfazed.

"Mhm," I smiled, "He's probably the only reason I got out of my encounter with Undyne alive."

He and Napstablook...

"this kid, huh?" Sans commented, glaring at MK.

"Yeah, douchebag," he responded with the same amount of hostility.

"what did you just-"

"Oookay," I interrupted, giving Sans a pointed stared and lightly hitting MK across the head. "Let's calm down," I hugged the kid, "Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate you checking up on me. Next time give me a bit of a heads up, yeah?"

"How?"

"Go put your number in the flip phone on the arm of the couch, then head on home, okay?" I smiled, and he nodded, grinning widely. He sprinted over, nearly tripping over himself when he did.

"THAT CHILD IRRITATES ME."

"I wanna kill him."

"I'm right here!" MK shouted, annoyed. I chuckled awkwardly.

"Come on, guys, he's not all that bad."

"yeah, whatever you say, doll."

"Ew, don't call her that, that's weird," MK said, looking over at Sans with disgust. The skeleton glared at him. He looked back at me. "Is he your boyfriend or something?"