25; cooking plans ;25

The day went on, not really very interesting. Out of boredom, I continued to write out words and letters. The alphabet was going to take me a while to memorize, but I was starting to get the rune setup down. First consonant on the left, first vowel on the top. There were some exceptions, apparently, but right now, I was sticking with what I knew- which was very rudimentary- at best.

I didn't have much to do after Sans left. Papyrus hadn't come back, and it had been five or six hours. I played guitar for a while, Doppy thoroughly enjoying critiquing me along the way. I screwed around on my phone, then went back to practicing. It really wasn't very fun, but I stayed on the couch the whole time. I didn't know where anything was- and I wasn't going to risk going somewhere I wasn't supposed to be.

I would leave, but I didn't know if they would get mad at me. It would be great if I could hang out at Grillby's or something, but if Sans was there he'd probably glare me into leaving... and what if Papyrus came home and I wasn't here? He'd probably be pissed, no doubt.

I groaned, flopping down on the couch, covering my face. These guys were letting me stay in their house, they weren't killing me... but I really don't feel like we're friends- barely even acquaintances! Why was Papyrus even teaching me to read monster runes? I didn't get it. It didn't seem like they liked me at all, they just weren't sure what to do with me.

I sighed, covering my eyes with my arm. I felt a pressure on my stomach and I lifted it slightly, opening one eye and looking down. Doppy sat on my stomach, peering up at me. I smiled, recovering my eye.

"How're you doing?" I hummed, and he croaked. I chuckled quietly. "Homesick? Cramped? Bored? All of the above," I spoke listlessly, not really paying attention. "Same here."

He croaked again, and I felt him flop down on my stomach. I laughed again, feeling him bounce on me with the movement. "Man, today has been pretty rough, huh?" He croaked quietly in agreement. "At least it seems like Sans hates me a little bit less, that's good."

He stayed silent, and I sighed. "Not much to talk about..."

The house was silent- it didn't even occasionally shift or groan like houses in Ebott did. It was silent. Maybe it was the snow? I've heard that snow makes things quieter- more peaceful. Normally, I'm sure I would love that. But Netflix and YouTube don't work down here, and I wouldn't dare touch there TV or go in their kitchen. I've had to pee for an hour and I still haven't left this couch.

I would normally cook, practice some music, or study for an upcoming exam (because, let's face it, in law school, there's always an upcoming exam). There was always something to do in my apartment, I always had stuff to do. But down here? I was scared to move from my assigned place in this house- let alone do anything. You can only play guitar for so long, and two hours is a long time. It didn't hurt or anything, but I just lost interest. Playing the same song over and over... and I really wasn't in the mood to experiment and write something new.

Man, even thinking about everything I've done today, and why I wasn't doing stuff, is boring. Very repetitive too. I don't even want to listen to myself talk about it.

"What do you wanna do?" I asked, not really expecting a response or anything. I'm sure Doppy was going to say something, but his stomach growled quietly. I laughed, "Hungry? Well, I would make you something but...." I sighed, "Honestly, I'm afraid to move from the couch. And if I cooked, I'm sure it wouldn't taste all that good..."

Doppy groaned out, slapping his hands lightly against my stomach. I chuckled, "Sorry, Dopps, but I'm not trying to die today."

He groaned again, but didn't continue to croak.