18: snowdin town :18

There were a few buildings up and down the road called Snowdin. There weren't many, but at least it showed promise of their being people here. There wasn't a soul outside, it looked like a ghost town. It was almost frightening how empty the snowy town was. I realized that it was extremely cold outside, and that meant that there would be less people outside. But this empty? It was weird- especially being from California.

I walked down the street, being careful not to put any stress on my hands. The first two buildings were connected by a small hallway. The first had a huge sign that said 'Shop,' and the other said 'Inn.' They both had small signs on their doors that read 'Open.'

"Doppy, there's a Inn!" I exclaimed, beaming up at him. He croaked happily and I smiled, "Time to get our nap on!"

I walked up to the building, relieved to find that it was a push door, and not one with a turning handle. I pushed it open with my side, walking in. I was immediately attacked by the warmth of the building, and I let out a sigh of relief. Doppy did the same.

There was a desk at the front, and there were two bunny-like women there. The first was standing behind the counter, staring forward. Her eyes were seemingly closed, but they were baring into my soul, her stoic expression making me uncomfortable. The second was sitting on the counter, smoking a cigarette. I walked up to the counter, smiling up at the stoic bunny.

"Hi," I grinned, "Do you have any vacancies?"

"Are you intending on desecrating any of our rooms?" She asked, a dangerous tone in her voice.

"What?!" I asked, shocked by the suggestion. "Of course not, I would never do that! Who would ever- that's terrible!"

She seemed a bit shocked by my response, but quickly regained her stoic implications. "What type of room are you looking for?"

"Oh, nothing fancy," I smiled again, "If there's a bed, then I'm happy. I've been rolling around in the snow for like two hours, though, so if there are any rooms with showers, I'd be happy to pay extra."

"Hm," She said, and I could almost feel her looking me up and down. "One night is eighty gold. That's with a shower."

"Oh, awesome!" I hummed, reaching to my back pocket. I realized I had cuts on my hands and frowned. I slipped the guitar off and let it sit in the crook of my elbow. I looked up at her, "I'm sorry, I don't mean to bother, but..." I raised my hands up to show her my hands. Her face elongated, like she was widening her eyes. The other bunny choked on the smoke she inhaled. "The money is in my back pocket, would you mind grabbing it for me? You can take extra for the trouble... I'm sure reaching into a wet pocket isn't fun."

She hesitated, looking down at my pocket, then back up at my face. She shook her head, smiling. "My apologies, I seemed to have forgotten. First stays are free. Here you go," She reached under the counter, pulling out a small roll of bandages and a room key. "Its the first door on the left."

"Oh, are you sure..?" I asked hesitantly, "I don't mind paying- I have the money!"

"She's bein' nice, just take it and go weirdo," said the second bunny, her voice far more gravelly than the first woman's. I pursed my lips, looking between them before smiling at the main girl. I carefully grabbed the two items, cautious of the injuries.

"Thank you so much!" I beamed, "I'll definitely be coming back for another stay!"

She smiled, "We appreciate the feedback."

I grinned at her before hurrying up the stairs on the side of the counter, entering my room without a moment's hesitation. I grinned upon seeing the huge bed, looking up at Doppy. He had already leapt onto the comfy mattress, rolling around on the comforter. I smiled down at him.