Play The Field

****Kennedy's POV****

Once the recoupling was over I saw Abi was looking really upset so I pulled her away from everyone, sending Brad a quick look that I would catch up with him later, and took her away to the swing area.

"I just feel shit man, her speech makes me feel like I've split up a genuine couple." The poor girl was really showing she cared and I could see the tears in her eyes.

"Don't, I honestly haven't heard anyone really say what the deal between them is and you can't help that no-one's told you that."

"I just thought we were both getting to know him, neither of them have come to me and said you know I really feel like I want to give this 100% and not get to know anyone else."

"Exactly, I felt really bad for Sam as well, he didn't deserve that speech."

I get the way Mary must be feeling but they've known each other like three days, it really isn't that deep in my opinion to be reacting in that way. She looked like she was about to swing for Abi in that challenge.

"Was it close between Brad and Sam?" She asked.

"I feel like before tonight I would have been on the verge of picking Sam but then I know I couldn't have gave it my all with him and he doesn't deserve that. Then when Brad took me into the bathroom he was so sweet and I feel like we're on the same page now."

"Good, I'm really happy for you."

"Thank you, I just hope I don't regret this"

I caught Mary moving into the kitchen on her own and encouraged Abi to go and speak to her before anyone else could to set the record straight. I could also see Dale was over there so it was a good chance to get all their thoughts out there, Brad was coming in the opposite direction with a blanket.

"It's getting quite cold, I thought you might need this." He tucked it around my legs which were up on the swing and sat down next to me.

"Thank you, this dress looked great when we were dancing but not so great now it's the middle of the night." I said and moved the blanket so it covered him as well. "How are you feeling?"

"Honestly I'm so happy right now, I know it's not the same but I'm so thankful you've given me this opportunity."

"Don't forget that."

"I won't and I just need to set the marker down now, I don't care who walks through those doors, I'm only interested in getting to know you and I'll prove that. You're very much entitled to do that but I feel like that would be best for me."

"Ok, like I said in my speech it's just about building that trust back up now and I guess the only way we can do that is by new people coming in and seeing how we feel about each other then."

"Completely, I spoke to Liam as well over by the firepit, he's sleeping in the doghouse tonight and I said I would join him so you and Millie can have the beds to yourselves. I know this recoupling won't change any of that."

"Thank you, I hope you know I'm not doing this to be petty or anything, I just feel like I wouldn't be sharing a bed with someone where we currently are in the normal world so I don't think it's appropriate to be like that in here."

"I completely get that so yeah, you can spread out inside tonight."

"Other than this morning it's been over a week since I last slept inside"

"That is crazy."

"I know, I guess it's just the way the cookie crumbles."

"That's probably the nice way of putting it. What swung you my way then, I thought you was going to pick Sam until you started your speech?"