67

October 6th, 2021.

11:40 pm

I was in my room lying back lazily as I scrolled through my Instagram, while my roommate lay just as me, browsing through phone, when suddenly we heard the sound of a door banging. At first we ignored it thinking that maybe someone's room door was stuck and they were trying to open. We were only about 8 students in the floor out of 30 as all others had already headed back home.

Soon one of my friends came up to our door asking us to come out as one of our batchmates had locked herself in her room and wasn't opening. We rushed out to her door and started calling out for her to open up. But nothing happened. There was no sound from the other side which really scared us.

After banging the door for about 20 minutes, it finally broke , only to reveal a horrible, blood-curling site...............................she had hanged herself from the window.

.
.
.
.
.
Nothing. We just stood there in horror for a minute. Not believing what we saw. Soon everyone started rushing here and there. Someone ran to get the security while someone ran to get the warden and someone to our seniors. I and one of my friends tried to act out and rushed to get our surgical gloves. Wearing them we went on to untie her, just hoping for the tiniest bit of possibility that she was alive.

We untied her, laid her on the floor just in time for our two seniors and our warden ma'am to rush in. They checked her pulse and called for our Forensics Proffessor. Both finally declared her dead.

The chaos that happened after that...the blames directed to us at times, the questionings from the police and the lies the family told on media just to save their own reputation  .... all built up one of the worst experiences of my life. Not one of the, it was The Worst phase of my life, where I couldn't understand what to do. Mourn for my lost friend or be angry on her for ending her precious life for such a petty reason as an one-sided love that wasn't reciprocated? To stay calm and face the police (who actually supported us a lot, and I'm thankful to them for that), or hate the family members to try and ruin our lives (who tried to save their daughter till the end point) by their false accusations just so that they can save their own reputation?

Everything was a chaos.

But one thing I learnt from the situation was that...

Life is precious. Our life is a gift of God and we have no right to end it guys.

She committed one of the most heinous crimes called suicide and may be she was relieved of whatever pain she had. But what about what she left behind? A devastated family, who can maybe never came out of the shock of losing their loved one. Her friends who did love her, in a mess of police, media and courts. The boy she loved whose only mistake was that he didn't love her back, in a situation where he was dragged here and there with a tag of a culprit till the court finally declared us all innocent.

There may be gain for her here. But the people she once loved, lost a lot.

The month of October is considered the most beautiful and joyous month of the year, with the Pujas and celebrations. But this year, it turned out to be the worst month in my whole life. Where I was getting ready and excited to come back home the next day, I was dragged into a dirty mess the same night.

Not to exaggerate, but this incident has shaken me up. Although our other batchmates, our seniors and juniors supported us in the aftermath by organising this whole Plasma month in November with various events and finally our Annual Fest, which did bring back our smiles and once again made the campus lively, this incident will always hold a black spot in my memories.

Finally after all this time, I got some peace of mind now, preparing for my annual exams next month. Please do forgive me for not updating for so long but I was actually in no proper mind to do that.

But then I have finally completed the next chapter and I'll be posting very soon. Hoping for your support guys.

Signing off

Stay safe
Stay healthy

Yours Writer