17: Blissful Moments

Murthy Mansion
6:30am
Sunday

Nandini was lying on her bed. She was wide awake looking out through the curtains clutching the sheets tightly to herself. It was the 6th of October and a chilly morning. The day's weather was not so cold but the mornings were horrible. Her sleep broke because of her phone, she had to mail some files to her manager of the NYC branch. Now devoid of further sleep, she was lazying on the bed, thinking of her life how it has changed in these 2 months. She could not meet Manik often because of the busy schedule both were having, but they talked everyday at night before going to sleep and in the morning wishing each other a bright day. They have shared many things with each other but she could not muster enough courage to tell him about her past. But he was understanding. She still remembers how he once said that he trusts her and no past of her can affect their relationship. This relaxed her a bit but she decide to soon break the ice. She was waiting for a chance to tell him everything. But not to deny she was a bit scared. Their relationship has grown in these past months. She has started feeling an unknown trust on him. A trust that he will never leave her. She hadnt told Manik about it but she knows that he knows.
And about him, he treated her with utmost care. He even confessed his heart to her.

Flashback
Manik and Nandini were sitting on the beach. They were on a late night stroll on the beach as both were not sleepy and decided to meet and talk as Manik wanted to tell her something. Since they came there there was only silence. Not an awkward one. But the silence that speaks a lot.

They were sitting looking at the sea when suddenly Nandu felt Manik taking her hand in his

They were sitting looking at the sea when suddenly Nandu felt Manik taking her hand in his. She looked at him to find him holding her hand but looking straight at the sea. She smiled and turned her gaze back to the sea when Manik spoke

Manik: Nandu, mujhe tumse kuch kehna tha.

Nandu: Hmm. Main sun rahi hun.

Manik: Nandu jab bhi main tumhare saath hota hun, ek alag sukoon milta hai. Tum hasti ho to aisa lagta hai jaise sab kuch achanak se khubsurat ho gaya hai. Par tumhare ankhen jab sad ho jati hai tab mere dil mein dard hota hai. (He turned to Nandu who was looking at him with surprise.) Pata hai aisa kyun horaha hai mere saath?

Nandu couldnt speak anything. She was stunned by Manik's honest confession. She just nodded her head in no. Manik smiled and cupped her face. He looked in her eyes intensely and said

Manik: I am falling for you Nandu. I am falling hard for you.

Nandu: Manik?

Manik: Haan Nandu main..main tumse py...

Nandu put her hands on his mouth and cut him off. Her eyes had become teary and there was a small smile on her lips.

Nandu: Aise mat kaho. Take it slow Manik. I want both of us to confess our feelings together Manik. I want it to be special. But...

Manik: I know. I know you need time. And I also dont want to rush in anything. I promise it will be special. And haan wo din dur nahin jab you will fall for The Manik Malhotra's charms.( he said this with a playful smirk)